Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Extreme Power Saving still missing after latest update

Tip us?

dr_g
Old
(Last edited by dr_g; 17th June 2014 at 06:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Extreme Power Saving still missing after latest update

I hope I am not asking something that has already been answered. I bought an unlocked European (EMEA) model One M8. I installed the latest update (1.57.112.2) but Extreme Power Saving mode is still missing. Could it be because I was using a language other than English when I searched for the update? Could it be because I installed the update in US with an AT&T SIM card in the phone?

bigragu
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_g View Post
I hope I am not asking something that has already been answered. I bought an unlocked European (EMEA) model One M8. I installed the latest update (1.57.112.2) but Extreme Power Saving mode is still missing. Could it be because I was using a language other than English when I searched for the update? Could it be because I installed the update in US with an AT&T SIM card in the phone?
I just got 1.57.531.7 and it does have the Extreme Power Saving Mode. However, it is not listed in the nav bar. It can only be found under Settings/Power.
HTC Dream G1, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Amaze, HTC One (M8)
"Mr. Falken, you picked a hell of a day for a visit"

dr_g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigragu View Post
I just got 1.57.531.7 and it does have the Extreme Power Saving Mode. However, it is not listed in the nav bar. It can only be found under Settings/Power.
I am not getting that update. I believe you have the T-Mobile US version. I got an EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) version.

bigragu
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_g View Post
I am not getting that update. I believe you have the T-Mobile US version. I got an EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) version.
Yes. That is right.
HTC Dream G1, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Amaze, HTC One (M8)
"Mr. Falken, you picked a hell of a day for a visit"

dr_g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It turns out that it's an Austrian T-Mobile model with CID T-MOB102. For some strange unknown reason, they didn't provide the Extreme Power Saving feature on the Austrian T-Mobile phones.