FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Disappointed with screen

462 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By samven582, Senior Member on 2nd June 2014, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi just got my ATT galaxy s5 yesterday and I'm very disappointed with the screen. Yellow tint at the bottom and cool blue at the top is this normal with AMOLED displays?
Last edited by samven582; 2nd June 2014 at 02:15 PM.
 
 
2nd June 2014, 02:16 PM |#2  
cstayton's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.
Thanks Meter: 4,022
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samven582

Hi just got my ATT galaxy s5 yesterday and I'm very disappointed with screen. Yellow tint at the bottom and cool blue at the top is this normal with AMOLED displays?

nope, take it back you got a bad device or check your display settings got to Settings, Display, Screen Mode, there are 5 different options to choose from
2nd June 2014, 02:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstayton

nope, take it back you got a bad device or check your display settings got to Settings, Display, Screen Mode, there are 5 different options to choose from

Yea I tried all 5 setting and none of them help
2nd June 2014, 02:33 PM |#4  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
I would get that exchanged ASAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2014, 01:33 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Soggy New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 193
 
More
Agreed. Sounds like a defect.
3rd June 2014, 05:46 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Defect. The S5 has probably the best screen on the market right now you can buy right now in terms of brightness and color accuracy.
20th June 2014, 04:29 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspah

Defect. The S5 has probably the best screen on the market right now you can buy right now in terms of brightness and color accuracy.

Thanks guys but my replacement wasn't any better. I have return the phone for a full refund
20th June 2014, 05:15 PM |#8  
runnernsd's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Very odd, did you check it out before you left the store??


Quote:
Originally Posted by samven582

Thanks guys but my replacement wasn't any better. I have return the phone for a full refund

20th June 2014, 05:21 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnernsd

Very odd, did you check it out before you left the store??

yes I did. It look fine at full brightness but at low brightness is where the problem is. Warm in the middle and cool blue on the top and bottom
20th June 2014, 08:15 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
I sell them and haven't had a single one come out like that. Sounds like a bad batch that particular store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes