Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NTFS automounter for Kitkat touchwiz

Tip us?

ivanjong
Old
(Last edited by ivanjong; 20th June 2014 at 03:52 PM.) Reason: forgot to give credit
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default NTFS automounter for Kitkat touchwiz

I have made an NTFS automount script following how touchwiz mounts usbotg drives in vold.
This script will allow touchwiz to automount ur NTFS drive with RW like how touchwiz auto mounts fat or exfat drives.
This script requires
1) Root access ( su )
2) init.d execution
3) SE must be disable/permissive
4) busybox in /system/bin (u may edit the script urself if you wan to change the busy box location
5) must be kitkat 4.4.2 touchwiz based rom and stock based modified kernels.

it is currently tested on DN3 V5.2 with Android 4.4.2 AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.2. i believe it will work on all kitkat stock roms.

This is currently still a beta, it is still based on bash and it poles /dev/block for ntfs once every 1sec. I am still testing the effect of it to battery life.

attached is the recovery zip flash file to installed the script. Please let me know of any bugs or any improvement or any feedback regarding the script. thanks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!owkWQCII!yi8LLR...xStXT_8SOKwxl4

Credits to shardul_seth for his usbotghelper app, i got his ntfs-3g binary from his app. Parts of the script were inspired by him.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ivanjong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Taxi341
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjong View Post
I have made an NTFS automount script following how touchwiz mounts usbotg drives in vold.
This script will allow touchwiz to automount ur NTFS drive with RW like how touchwiz auto mounts fat or exfat drives.
This script requires
1) Root access ( su )
2) init.d execution
3) SE must be disable/permissive
4) busybox in /system/bin (u may edit the script urself if you wan to change the busy box location
5) must be kitkat 4.4.2 touchwiz based rom and stock based modified kernels.

it is currently tested on DN3 V5.2 with Android 4.4.2 AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.2. i believe it will work on all kitkat stock roms.

This is currently still a beta, it is still based on bash and it poles /dev/block for ntfs once every 1sec. I am still testing the effect of it to battery life.

attached is the recovery zip flash file to installed the script. Please let me know of any bugs or any improvement or any feedback regarding the script. thanks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!owkWQCII!yi8LLR...xStXT_8SOKwxl4

Credits to shardul_seth for his usbotghelper app, i got his ntfs-3g binary from his app. Parts of the script were inspired by him.
works for me well

Sent from my GT-N7100 MR.Luong Custom Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxi341 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ivanjong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi341 View Post
works for me well

Sent from my GT-N7100 MR.Luong Custom Rom
thanks for the feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to ivanjong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]