Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using 4G on Sprint HTC One when GSM is enabled

Tip us?

m2smoe
Old
(Last edited by m2smoe; 20th June 2014 at 11:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [Q] Using 4G on Sprint HTC One when GSM is enabled

Hello,

I recently acquired from ebay a used Sprint HTC One M7 for cheap because the guy couldn't unlock it.

I followed all the tutorials and guides here, and got the phone unlocked, TWRP recovery and SuperSU flashed, S-OFF, and a custom rom (Viper) flashed on it successfully.

I am from France and my network operator is Free.fr. I used both the *#*#4636#*#* and the Mobile settings to enable GSM and the phone, SMS, and 3G data are all working properly.

However, my operator allows for 4G LTE as well and I would like to use it if possible, while retaining the use of the Phone itself (making calls, texts etc).

The way it works for Free.fr is that I have to login on their website, and enable 4G manually. The server will then check if my phone has 4G LTE compatibility and enable it if it does, but everytime I try it tells me my phone is not 4G ready.

Is there anyway to do this? A guide or tutorial out there perhaps?

edit: more info:

It seems I need 2600 MHz frequency for 4G to work with my operator, could it be that the Sprint version cannot handle this? Any solutions?
DEVICE: Sprint HTC One M7
ROM: ViperOne 6.2.1

StormyNight
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2smoe View Post
Hello,

I recently acquired from ebay a used Sprint HTC One M7 for cheap because the guy couldn't unlock it.

I followed all the tutorials and guides here, and got the phone unlocked, TWRP recovery and SuperSU flashed, S-OFF, and a custom rom (Viper) flashed on it successfully.

I am from France and my network operator is Free.fr. I used both the *#*#4636#*#* and the Mobile settings to enable GSM and the phone, SMS, and 3G data are all working properly.

However, my operator allows for 4G LTE as well and I would like to use it if possible, while retaining the use of the Phone itself (making calls, texts etc).

The way it works for Free.fr is that I have to login on their website, and enable 4G manually. The server will then check if my phone has 4G LTE compatibility and enable it if it does, but everytime I try it tells me my phone is not 4G ready.

Is there anyway to do this? A guide or tutorial out there perhaps?

edit: more info:

It seems I need 2600 MHz frequency for 4G to work with my operator, could it be that the Sprint version cannot handle this? Any solutions?
Yeah :/ the Sprint HTC One only supports the 1900MHz for LTE. There aren't any solutions afaik, unless you might want to do a hardware mod, and doing hardware mods on an One is near-impossible.. so you're out of luck.

m2smoe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyNight View Post
Yeah :/ the Sprint HTC One only supports the 1900MHz for LTE. There aren't any solutions afaik, unless you might want to do a hardware mod, and doing hardware mods on an One is near-impossible.. so you're out of luck.
Ah well, that's alright, at the price I got it for it's still worth it even without 4G. Thanks for the reply!

laofan
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Ah well, that's alright, at the price I got it for it's still worth it even without 4G. Thanks for the reply!

Hi, could you share your experience of sim unlock the device?

my phone is on 1.57 hboot. I s-off it and RUU to 1.19 firmware. Android 4.1.2. Then I install latest TWRP and Super SU 2.0

Then I download the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper" , select sim unlock.

phone reboot. select " GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" in *#*#4636#*#*"

Now when I insert my AT&T sim card. it pop up to select carreir, I choose "AT&T", I also choose "GSMUMTS only" in network moode. Also set up ATT APN.

now iin Phone indentity, I could see my phone number,

But there is no signal for the phone at all...

Could you told me your way of doing the sim unlock? Thanks.

m2smoe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by laofan View Post
Hi, could you share your experience of sim unlock the device?

my phone is on 1.57 hboot. I s-off it and RUU to 1.19 firmware. Android 4.1.2. Then I install latest TWRP and Super SU 2.0

Then I download the "sprint htc one sim unlock helper" , select sim unlock.

phone reboot. select " GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" in *#*#4636#*#*"

Now when I insert my AT&T sim card. it pop up to select carreir, I choose "AT&T", I also choose "GSMUMTS only" in network moode. Also set up ATT APN.

now iin Phone indentity, I could see my phone number,

But there is no signal for the phone at all...

Could you told me your way of doing the sim unlock? Thanks.
I did exactly what you did and I had signal. I am from France so I don't know about AT&T though. With my French operator it works fine now.

laofan
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
I did exactly what you did and I had signal. I am from France so I don't know about AT&T though. With my French operator it works fine now.
That is weired. thanks for your reply though.
Tags
gsm, lte 4g sprint