Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem while updating

Tip us?
 
Bareq
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2010
Unhappy [Q] Problem while updating

Guys, I have 901E and on android 4.4 with sense 5.5, my device is rooted, bootloader unlocked and S-ON, I am trying to update to Sense 6, as I received an OTA update, as I did before, I returned back to stock ROM that available in this article (DLXPUL_TW_1.21.709.3.zip), then downloading the OTA directly from device, but currently when the update finish, device keeps going on boot loop, (starting device>>>hTC logo appear>>>then restart again), I need to flash boot image from the OTA file in order to bypass this issue......

please advise


EDIT: when updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 (stuck on boot loop, need to flash boot.img)
when updating from 4.3 to 4.4.2 w/sense 5.5 stuck on the white screen with htc logo and beats audio

I made the same procedure before when I got 4.4.2 update with Sense 5.5 as I was also rooted on 4.3, please help, I might forget some steps....
 
Bareq
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2010
Guys please advise......
 
koniiiik
Old
#3  
koniiiik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareq View Post
Guys please advise......
Well, I, for one, can't help you because from your first post it is not clear at all what you did and what went wrong. Or what exactly you need from us. If you need the firmware image to flash, then just download the OTA package linked elsewhere in this forum, and extract the firmware from there. If you need more help, be more clear.
Now using:
HTC Butterfly S stock ROM for now

Retired:
HTC Desire RSK Satellite 8.0
MWg Atom Life CE OS 5.2.19971 Build 19971.1.2.6 PV T2M
 
Bareq
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniiiik View Post
Well, I, for one, can't help you because from your first post it is not clear at all what you did and what went wrong. Or what exactly you need from us. If you need the firmware image to flash, then just download the OTA package linked elsewhere in this forum, and extract the firmware from there. If you need more help, be more clear.

koniiiik thanks for your reply, let try to make it more clear....

- what I want: want to update my current version of Android.
- what I had before: Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 and want to update to 4.4.2 with Sense 6 (as I received a notification to update).
- what modification I had: bootloader unlocked with htcdev, device is rooted, S-ON and TWRP installed.
- what I did: I flashed the stock ROM for my device (Android 4.2.2) in order to remove root and return to stock recovery and a complete stock ROM.
- why I did the last step: in order to get the OTA directly from device one by one (from 4.2.2 w/sense5 then 4.3 w/sense5.5 then 4.4.2 w/sense 5.5 and finally to 4.4.2 w/sense6).
- what I got: after flashing the stock ROM (Android 4.2.2 w/sense5) through TWRP, device works fine.
- then after downloading the OTA (4.3 w/sense 5.5) device stuck on bootloop
- what I did to bypass this issue: flashing boot.img from the OTA file.
- what I did next: downloaded the OTA (4.4.2 w/sense5.5) directly from the device, and install it.
- what I got: stuck on the white screen with htc logo (please not colors are not correct on the htc logo)
- what I did: tried to flash the boot.img from the OTA file, but this cannot help (just the colors are fine now)
- what is my question: why I need to flash boot.img as mentioned above? and how to get the 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 work (please be informed that I did the same steps to update to android 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 and everything works fine without any issues and no need to flash the boot.img as I mentioned before)
 
koniiiik
Old
#5  
koniiiik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareq View Post
koniiiik thanks for your reply, let try to make it more clear....

- what I want: want to update my current version of Android.
- what I had before: Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 and want to update to 4.4.2 with Sense 6 (as I received a notification to update).
- what modification I had: bootloader unlocked with htcdev, device is rooted, S-ON and TWRP installed.
- what I did: I flashed the stock ROM for my device (Android 4.2.2) in order to remove root and return to stock recovery and a complete stock ROM.
- why I did the last step: in order to get the OTA directly from device one by one (from 4.2.2 w/sense5 then 4.3 w/sense5.5 then 4.4.2 w/sense 5.5 and finally to 4.4.2 w/sense6).
- what I got: after flashing the stock ROM (Android 4.2.2 w/sense5) through TWRP, device works fine.
- then after downloading the OTA (4.3 w/sense 5.5) device stuck on bootloop
- what I did to bypass this issue: flashing boot.img from the OTA file.
- what I did next: downloaded the OTA (4.4.2 w/sense5.5) directly from the device, and install it.
- what I got: stuck on the white screen with htc logo (please not colors are not correct on the htc logo)
- what I did: tried to flash the boot.img from the OTA file, but this cannot help (just the colors are fine now)
- what is my question: why I need to flash boot.img as mentioned above? and how to get the 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 work (please be informed that I did the same steps to update to android 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 and everything works fine without any issues and no need to flash the boot.img as I mentioned before)
How did you install the OTA updates? Did you flash the stock recovery first, or were you trying to do that with TWRP? Did you try to download and install OTA updates by hand or did you let the phone itself download and install them? What are the precise version numbers involved? I'm not just interested in numbers such as 4.2.2, 4.3 or 4.4, but the full version string of the ROM, in each step. It sounds to me like you're trying to mix different branches of the system.
Now using:
HTC Butterfly S stock ROM for now

Retired:
HTC Desire RSK Satellite 8.0
MWg Atom Life CE OS 5.2.19971 Build 19971.1.2.6 PV T2M
The Following User Says Thank You to koniiiik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bareq
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 98
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniiiik View Post
How did you install the OTA updates? Did you flash the stock recovery first, or were you trying to do that with TWRP? Did you try to download and install OTA updates by hand or did you let the phone itself download and install them? What are the precise version numbers involved? I'm not just interested in numbers such as 4.2.2, 4.3 or 4.4, but the full version string of the ROM, in each step. It sounds to me like you're trying to mix different branches of the system.

my friend I am not trying to mix anything, I just flashed ROM version 1.21.709.3 as mentioned above which it is available in the butterfly s General section through TWRP as mentioned also in the instructions in order to return back to stock, means stock ROM and recovery, then leaving the phone to download and install updates by itself
 
koniiiik
Old
#7  
koniiiik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 249
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bratislava

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareq View Post
my friend I am not trying to mix anything, I just flashed ROM version 1.21.709.3 as mentioned above which it is available in the butterfly s General section through TWRP as mentioned also in the instructions in order to return back to stock, means stock ROM and recovery, then leaving the phone to download and install updates by itself
In that case I don't know. You might try to use the latest stock recovery, when installing the 3.06.708.3 update on my phone I found that I had to use the recovery from that update; using anything older just failed.
Now using:
HTC Butterfly S stock ROM for now

Retired:
HTC Desire RSK Satellite 8.0
MWg Atom Life CE OS 5.2.19971 Build 19971.1.2.6 PV T2M

The Following User Says Thank You to koniiiik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more