Originally Posted by koniiiik
Well, I, for one, can't help you because from your first post it is not clear at all what you did and what went wrong. Or what exactly you need from us. If you need the firmware image to flash, then just download the OTA package linked elsewhere in this forum, and extract the firmware from there. If you need more help, be more clear.
koniiiik thanks for your reply, let try to make it more clear....
- what I want: want to update my current version of Android.
- what I had before: Android 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 and want to update to 4.4.2 with Sense 6 (as I received a notification to update).
- what modification I had: bootloader unlocked with htcdev, device is rooted, S-ON and TWRP installed.
- what I did: I flashed the stock ROM for my device (Android 4.2.2) in order to remove root and return to stock recovery and a complete stock ROM.
- why I did the last step: in order to get the OTA directly from device one by one (from 4.2.2 w/sense5 then 4.3 w/sense5.5 then 4.4.2 w/sense 5.5 and finally to 4.4.2 w/sense6).
- what I got: after flashing the stock ROM (Android 4.2.2 w/sense5) through TWRP, device works fine.
- then after downloading the OTA (4.3 w/sense 5.5) device stuck on bootloop
- what I did to bypass this issue: flashing boot.img from the OTA file.
- what I did next: downloaded the OTA (4.4.2 w/sense5.5) directly from the device, and install it.
- what I got: stuck on the white screen with htc logo (please not colors are not correct on the htc logo)
- what I did: tried to flash the boot.img from the OTA file, but this cannot help (just the colors are fine now)
- what is my question: why I need to flash boot.img as mentioned above? and how to get the 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 work (please be informed that I did the same steps to update to android 4.4.2 with sense 5.5 and everything works fine without any issues and no need to flash the boot.img as I mentioned before)