Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to stream any media to phone, able to stream to Chromecast

Tip us?

redstorm64
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Unable to stream any media to phone, able to stream to Chromecast

I've recently come across a strange issue with my G2. I've been unable to stream any type of media to my phone since about a week ago. Literally, any kind of media...Youtube app, Youtube in the browser, Google play music app, Pandora, any other video from a browser, etc... I believe it started when I flashed a recent nightly of Carbon last week. Figuring it was just an issue with that particular nightly, I flashed a newer version a couple days ago. When the issue persisted, I switched over to the latest version of the Gummy rom. This hasn't fixed the issue though.

What throws me for a loop is that my internet connection works great for browsing the web, email, and texting (google voice). It's only streaming audio or video that doesn't work. I can, however, cast audio/video to my Chromecast (though it's obviously not streaming thru my phone).

Nothing actually gives me an error except for Google Play Music, which just says "Music temporarily unavailable - Couldn't play the stream you requested". Pandora just skips from song to song every few seconds, never actually playing any of them, and Youtube (both app and in browser) just stay at 0:00 time and a black screen.

I've search around a bit and can't seem to find the same issue anywhere else. Hopefully somebody has an idea? I could re-flash my phone with the manufacturer's utility s/w but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.

redstorm64
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Has anybody even experienced this problem before?

redstorm64
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Nobody?