Automate Your Device With Droid Automation

Applications like Tasker can become very helpful when you are trying to automate your device based … more

Dark-R Color Theme For CM12

This theme by XDA Forum MemberLeo_elstinbrings bright colors, sweet looking font and a dark material UI that … more

HTC M8 Gallery for LG G3

If you do not dig LG’s skeumorphic and colorful UI, you might want to replace your gallery with HTC’s … more

Twitter Receives a Massive Update

Twitter rolls out a new update that brings two exciting features:group messaging and a new mobile video … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Hotspot Notification Panel???

OP riotdog7

20th June 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Does anyone know how to enable the mobile hotspot in the notification panel?
20th June 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
skiddingus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 30
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotdog7

Does anyone know how to enable the mobile hotspot in the notification panel?

There are directions posted in a couple threads on how to edit with SQlite editor to add the hotspot buttons and download booster toggles. What many have found is that after the editing is complete, the buttons still do not appear. You need to do this to get them visible:

Go to phone Settings>Notification Panel and press the reset button. The buttons will default to stock with the exception of the new options being added.
20th June 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddingus

There are directions posted in a couple threads on how to edit with SQlite editor to add the hotspot buttons and download booster toggles. What many have found is that after the editing is complete, the buttons still do not appear. You need to do this to get them visible:

Go to phone Settings>Notification Panel and press the reset button. The buttons will default to stock with the exception of the new options being added.

I've seen the one for the download booster, but having trouble locating directions for the mobile hotspot...
20th June 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #4  
skiddingus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canton Ohio
Thanks Meter: 30
 
303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotdog7

I've seen the one for the download booster, but having trouble locating directions for the mobile hotspot...

You can use the directions in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2784044&page=2

or you can just use Xposed and the X tether module like I did. Adding the toggle after works fine with X tether.
20th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddingus

There are directions posted in a couple threads on how to edit with SQlite editor to add the hotspot buttons and download booster toggles. What many have found is that after the editing is complete, the buttons still do not appear. You need to do this to get them visible:

Go to phone Settings>Notification Panel and press the reset button. The buttons will default to stock with the exception of the new options being added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddingus

You can use the directions in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2784044&page=2

or you can just use Xposed and the X tether module like I did. Adding the toggle after works fine with X tether.

Yeah I've already have it working with Xposed and X tether. Looking for how to add the toggle to the notification panel now tho. thanks for helping.
20th June 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #6  
fillyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotdog7

Yeah I've already have it working with Xposed and X tether. Looking for how to add the toggle to the notification panel now tho. thanks for helping.

Just install the wifi hotspot widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.wifihotspot
20th June 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo

Just install the wifi hotspot widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.wifihotspot

Got that also. Just would like to have it on the notification panel too.
21st June 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #8  
jcollier's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 147
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
As someone posted, this thread has how to add it to the notification panel. I have done it, and it works just fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784044

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes