Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change DPI without root

Tip us?

coolsandie
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybojenix View Post
No, don't say anything else to them about this. It should never have been brought up.

oem's don't like people messing with their stuff. Sure I made this public, but you just set off smoke signals saying "hey look over here. We're messing with something that would be so simple to get rid of. Are you gonna keep it in??"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No, my message wasn't exactly in par with that, because I'm thinking Motorola would've made it wisely to identify carrier name immediately when you start using your phone, sure dragging the notification bar takes time. My old Nokia 1100 had similar fashion carrier name in the left section, and battery bars in right, so I must say its fair enough by them to follow the General cellular phone screen layout guidelines.

m11kkaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1344

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsandie View Post

Its incredibly bigger than the icons displayed in stock launcher though. Its not that ugly but I guess it reduced the icon image clarity.
I fixed it with xposed. And the quality will not be worse because android has every image in many resolutions

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/m11kkaa

cybojenix
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1494

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsandie View Post
No, my message wasn't exactly in par with that, because I'm thinking Motorola would've made it wisely to identify carrier name immediately when you start using your phone, sure dragging the notification bar takes time. My old Nokia 1100 had similar fashion carrier name in the left section, and battery bars in right, so I must say its fair enough by them to follow the General cellular phone screen layout guidelines.
Ohhhhhh, my mistake then. Thought you were saying about dpi changing sorry about that

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Quote:
<cybojenix> Every single language makes sense. They're logical
<cybojenix> Then there's just Perl.
<helicopter88> perl just looks like an esotheric language
<cybojenix> Perl is what came out from those monkeys trying to recreate Shakespeare
<helicopter88> cybojenix, this is the wise sentence of the month

like my work? buy me a present

Proud member of TeamHackLG

contact me here
My Builds
P350 kernels: 2.6.35 | 3.0.x
Github
devices: p350 | e610 | Nexus 7 | tegra note 7