Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any ATT m8 users who cant get S-Off?

OP thekalby

20th June 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

313 posts
More
Just got a new ATT m8, though the volume buttons were loose, so I sent I'm sending it in for a replacement. I assume they will install whatever the newest Hboot is on the phone when I send it in. When it gets back I want to get S-off, though with all the claims of not being able to receive s-off recently, I'm worried firewater wont work on my phone.

I realized though that I have not seen one person with an ATT M8 who couldnt get S-off. So my question here is, is there anybody with an ATT M8 who cant get s-off? Specifically someone who bought the phone recently, or someone using the newest Hboot. Any trouble getting s-off.

Thanks.
20th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  

315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekalby

Just got a new ATT m8, though the volume buttons were loose, so I sent I'm sending it in for a replacement. I assume they will install whatever the newest Hboot is on the phone when I send it in. When it gets back I want to get S-off, though with all the claims of not being able to receive s-off recently, I'm worried firewater wont work on my phone.

I realized though that I have not seen one person with an ATT M8 who couldnt get S-off. So my question here is, is there anybody with an ATT M8 who cant get s-off? Specifically someone who bought the phone recently, or someone using the newest Hboot. Any trouble getting s-off.

Thanks.

I just got mine on Wednesday and got s-off just fine. Have it converted to a developer edition and received the update automatically as well. All is good.
20th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #3  
Flag montreal
Thanks Meter: 10

99 posts
More
S-OFF
I'm with Rogers and can't get firewater to work
20th June 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 118

1,092 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekalby

Thanks.

Good luck with getting a replacement device that is perfect. I had to send in my first one because the earspeaker broke. The replacement phone had scratches on top, recessed power button that looked scratched up. My third one seems ok so far, but most phones including the ones in the store have loose buttons. Having said that, I have successfully s-offed every single one of them including my last one that had the updated firmware on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermanGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 70

664 posts
More
My volume rockers where solid for about 3 days. Have installed a case and just living with it. I have had loose volume rockers on all three of my android devices over the years.

Ohh and remember when you get a replacement its usually a refurbished unit. Thats why they more often have cosmetic issues because they have already been returned and repaired to send back to customers.
21st June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGuy

Good luck with getting a replacement device that is perfect. I had to send in my first one because the earspeaker broke. The replacement phone had scratches on top, recessed power button that looked scratched up. My third one seems ok so far, but most phones including the ones in the store have loose buttons. Having said that, I have successfully s-offed every single one of them including my last one that had the updated firmware on it.

Well I sent this one in because the power and volume keys were loose and rattled. It seems like a pretty easy fix, so I can't imagine they'll screw the phone up.

So you bootloader unlocked and s-offed all your devices? And they accepted it back for a warranty replacement?
21st June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #7  
Flag Hayward, CA
Thanks Meter: 35

122 posts
More
It was difficult, but I was able to get it this past weekend with my Mac. It's achievable, just have to be patient and resilient.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread