Can I run LG-G2 D802's ROM on D803?

OP Fulbring

19th June 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

84 posts
More
I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.
20th June 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 219

553 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulbring

I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.

You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Back in the early days, I did this with several different ROMs on my D803.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen

You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Back in the early days, I did this with several different ROMs on my D803.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)

OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.
20th June 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,132

9,183 posts
More
Quote:

OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.

The free version of freegee can install it for you, there is also a TWRP app that can install a recovery.

Sent from my LG-D802
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 219

553 posts
Quote:

If you are on the stock LG ROM, read the autorec thread. That will install TWRP for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread