Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I run LG-G2 D802's ROM on D803?

Tip us?

Fulbring
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Question Can I run LG-G2 D802's ROM on D803?

I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.

Currently Using: Nexus 5 (32GB) [★ Carbon ROM-Nightly★ , ROOTED]

Incoming Devices: Lenovo Thinkpad 8 Tablet!

Retired Devices: Nexus 7 (2013) ,Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Snap, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy Mini, HTC Panache, iPad Mini, iPad 2, Toshiba Thrive

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulbring View Post
I recently got an LG G2 and was wondering if I can run ROMS based on D802. First off what is the diffwerence in the devices other than celluar. Will it affect the device at all? If you guys can recommend ROMS too that would be great!

Thanks for the help.
You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Back in the early days, I did this with several different ROMs on my D803.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fulbring
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
You can run D802 ROMs on a D803 *IF* you install a D803 kernel after flashing the D802 ROM and *before* booting.

Back in the early days, I did this with several different ROMs on my D803.

Now, though, there are enough ROMs that support the D803 that there's no need to run a D802 ROM. Just check out the G2 Original Android Development forum for threads with ROMs from Carbon, Mahdi, ParanoidAndroid, Slim, Vanir, and a handful of others.

(Personally, I stopped ROM-hopping after installing Mahdi. Before that, I kept bouncing between Carbon and SlimKat.)
OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.

Currently Using: Nexus 5 (32GB) [★ Carbon ROM-Nightly★ , ROOTED]

Incoming Devices: Lenovo Thinkpad 8 Tablet!

Retired Devices: Nexus 7 (2013) ,Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Snap, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, Samsung Galaxy Mini, HTC Panache, iPad Mini, iPad 2, Toshiba Thrive

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
Quote:
OH cool. One more thing, is there a guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the D803 somewhere? I couldn't find it.
The free version of freegee can install it for you, there is also a TWRP app that can install a recovery.

Sent from my LG-D802
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phoenix_rizzen
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
If you are on the stock LG ROM, read the autorec thread. That will install TWRP for you.