Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update Awareness Thread

Tip us?

byrdcfmma
Old
(Last edited by byrdcfmma; 16th June 2014 at 02:38 PM.) Reason: found
Thanks Meter 172
I am using js terminal on my android tablet to sideload everything. How can I execute this command this way?

I tried adb shell but got an error. Thanks!

Nevermind, I found some directions for that!!!

vyktym
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox View Post
I would try just

adb shell

and then at the prompt type

pm disable com.amazon.dcp

You might need to reboot to get the menu to change.
I plan to disable updates per the above instructions, but are these commands reversible as well? If Amazon releases an update that brings additional functionality down the road, I may reconsider my decision to update (and potentially re-root with another method).

JPDeckers
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktym View Post
I plan to disable updates per the above instructions, but are these commands reversible as well? If Amazon releases an update that brings additional functionality down the road, I may reconsider my decision to update (and potentially re-root with another method).
pm enable com.amazon.dcp will, well, enable it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to JPDeckers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vyktym
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDeckers View Post
Thanks!!

themykel
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDeckers View Post
This made me laugh

lschroeder
Old
(Last edited by lschroeder; 20th June 2014 at 09:04 PM.) Reason: Wrong info
Thanks Meter 28
Default Blocking URL's

Not ready to root until ClockWorksMod Recovery is available but want to be able to root when this is true.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760884

Found this thread about blocking URL's. Seems like this is what is needed if we don't root until more options and tools are available for rooted FTV..

I am using Linksys E4200 and using Access Restriction > Parental Controls option. Pasted the plain text copies of URLS's which were transferred to router version below. Since URL 1's translation was too long I had to manually paste cut off ".net" in URL 1. Set access to always.Target Devices > Restrict Internet Access need to add FTV device.

Block Specific Sites
amzdigitaldownloads.edges.net ****Edit: this should be **** amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net ****
firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com

Schedule Block Internet Access
Always

Target Devices Restrict Internet Access
android-c770a088dec6570f
android-f28e25ac80891726
Android_A10000138BBBB8

Two questions. Not sure what FTV is listed as. Other devices showed up with name so I know not to add them. Guessed the three "android" names above that one was FTV. Does anyone know if this is correct and if correct which one is my FTV? If not correct what is is called?

For Block Specific Sites is the first URL necessary and does blocking it cause problems with some of the current FTV apps?

retroben
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
You are missing part of the digital downloads site.

It should be "edgesuite" not edges.

The amzdigitaldownloads link can cause services to fail,but services do not fail when only blocking the "firs-ta-g7g" page.
Even the PolarisGo app fails to work,but the website works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to retroben For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lschroeder
Old
(Last edited by lschroeder; 20th June 2014 at 09:46 PM.) Reason: Edit Info
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
You are missing part of the digital downloads site.

It should be "edgesuite" not edges.

The amzdigitaldownloads link can cause services to fail,but services do not fail when only blocking the "firs-ta-g7g" page.
Even the PolarisGo app fails to work,but the website works fine.
I switched to only blocking firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com. This should be ok, right? What people at thread were blocking.

Used my router to find FireTV was 192.168.1.126. Checked Status > Local Network > DHCP Client Table

Saw that android-f28e25ac80891726 was mapped to 192.168.1.126 which FireTV said it was using. Deleted other entries.

bradr00lzd00d1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I just bought a fire TV from best buy for my dad I'm about to set it up for the first time then root has an update that kills root came out yet or am I good to go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Shinyhead
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradr00lzd00d1 View Post
I just bought a fire TV from best buy for my dad I'm about to set it up for the first time then root has an update that kills root came out yet or am I good to go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I just bought a FTV last night from best buy as well. I booted it up and updated it prior to rooting it. Not sure if next week's update will patch this rooting method, but I do not want to make that mistake again. I updated my chromecast when they first came out like an idiot... and can't ever root those
Nexus 5 (Root/Android L) T-Mobile
Get Dropbox here!