Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S5 root ideas and suggestions?

Tip us?

Tophatcallum
Old
(Last edited by Tophatcallum; 20th June 2014 at 06:22 PM.) Reason: Additional information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] S5 root ideas and suggestions?

Basically this is my first time rooting. Just rooted my s5 with towelroot and installed supersu, titanium back up and rom toolbox pro.

Basically I would love to have ideas, suggestions and your personal preferences on what root apps to download to really get the best out of my s5 and what settings and adjustments you made.

Especially with titanium back up and rom toolbox root. I have no idea what to do and instead of playing around with it, I'd love your recommendations on everything that will help me benefit from rooting.

Also what things should I delete that came with the s5 (bloatware). I'm assuming most of it is not needed but I'd really appreciate details and specific things to do from your own experience.

Thank you.

Additional information:
I am also running nova launcher. Plus I'm a heavy user of this phone so battery life is very important but I also love speed and perfect performance so I need the right balance between the two

izzylaif
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophatcallum View Post
Basically this is my first time rooting. Just rooted my s5 with towelroot and installed supersu, titanium back up and rom toolbox pro.
Basically I would love to have ideas, suggestions and your personal preferences on what root apps to download to really get the best out of my s5 and what settings and adjustments you made.
I'm not sure you understand what rooting is all about. It's not some magic boost that gives your device an afterburner or something. Root enables you to access portions of the filesystem and other OS stuff, not available to a non-root user. For instance, when you use SSH/FTP server on the android device, root enables you to use standard FTP port and access system folders via SSH. Not rooted device will have to use a port from above system range and be sandboxed to user folder.
I.e. rooting removes the protection against dumb users implemented by the manufacturer, giving you full access to the device.

hdelvalle009
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Greetings, I have the GS5 Active AT&T! for this cell there is some development in the as cwm and custom ROM?

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-G870A mediante Tapatalk