OP phillyd32

20th June 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #11  
USA
Thanks Meter: 174

447 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd32

I just realized only Titanium Backup Pro does Text/mms. Any ideas for a windows program or another app to use?

Just search for sms backup or contacts backup in the store. Any of them should do the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmboost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 28

149 posts
More
Sms backup & restore is good
The Following User Says Thank You to ohbreeeezy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks guys! After rooting, I got set CPU, gravity box, a new messaging app which was able to use Facebook pics, and I've really improved my experience. I removed a lot of remaining bloat were too.

I may yet get a new ROM, but I'll probably wait for cyanogenmod to get. Less buggy. I want something with support.
20th June 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 211

493 posts
Quote:

I may yet get a new ROM, but I'll probably wait for cyanogenmod to get. Less buggy. I want something with support.

There is no and never will be any Cyanogenmod for the AT&T Note 3. If you want a solid ROM with AOSP styling and lots of support try out Dynamic Kat with the GPE theme. That's the closest you're going to get to CM with this phone.
20th June 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville, KY

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant

There is no and never will be any Cyanogenmod for the AT&T Note 3. If you want a solid ROM with AOSP styling and lots of support try out Dynamic Kat with the GPE theme. That's the closest you're going to get to CM with this phone.

This is the supported devices page. It's there.

If what you mean is that there will never be a Cyanogenmod ROM made for the note 3, then that makes sense.
20th June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #16  
USA
Thanks Meter: 174

447 posts
More
Quote:

This is the supported devices page. It's there.

If what you mean is that there will never be a Cyanogenmod ROM made for the note 3, then that makes sense.

No, what he meant was that with a locked boot loader on the AT&T Note 3, AOSP-based roms will never work because they require a different kernel.

Also, to get a lot of cool custom ROM features without flashing a custom ROM, download and install the Xposed framework (google it). It's very easy to install and opens up a ton of customization options.
Last edited by dsmboost; 20th June 2014 at 11:40 PM.
20th June 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville, KY

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmboost

No, what he meant was that with a locked boot loader on the AT&T Note 3, AOSP-based roms will never work.

Makes sense. Thanks for the input guys. I'll be considering flashing, but for now, root access has given me a ton of improvements.
20th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 21

117 posts
I wouldn't be so sure that the bootloader will remain locked forever. From what I understand a presenter at Black Hat is apparently going to show a method for unlocking the bootloader on any current Samsung phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread