Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 51,995 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Advice on what to do with my Note 3

Tip us?

dsmboost
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd32 View Post
I just realized only Titanium Backup Pro does Text/mms. Any ideas for a windows program or another app to use?
Just search for sms backup or contacts backup in the store. Any of them should do the job.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Rom: SHOstock3 v4.0
Kernel: AJK 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmboost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ohbreeeezy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Sms backup & restore is good
The Following User Says Thank You to ohbreeeezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phillyd32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Thanks guys! After rooting, I got set CPU, gravity box, a new messaging app which was able to use Facebook pics, and I've really improved my experience. I removed a lot of remaining bloat were too.

I may yet get a new ROM, but I'll probably wait for cyanogenmod to get. Less buggy. I want something with support.

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
I may yet get a new ROM, but I'll probably wait for cyanogenmod to get. Less buggy. I want something with support.
There is no and never will be any Cyanogenmod for the AT&T Note 3. If you want a solid ROM with AOSP styling and lots of support try out Dynamic Kat with the GPE theme. That's the closest you're going to get to CM with this phone.

phillyd32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
There is no and never will be any Cyanogenmod for the AT&T Note 3. If you want a solid ROM with AOSP styling and lots of support try out Dynamic Kat with the GPE theme. That's the closest you're going to get to CM with this phone.

This is the supported devices page. It's there.

If what you mean is that there will never be a Cyanogenmod ROM made for the note 3, then that makes sense.

dsmboost
Old
(Last edited by dsmboost; 20th June 2014 at 11:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
This is the supported devices page. It's there.

If what you mean is that there will never be a Cyanogenmod ROM made for the note 3, then that makes sense.
No, what he meant was that with a locked boot loader on the AT&T Note 3, AOSP-based roms will never work because they require a different kernel.

Also, to get a lot of cool custom ROM features without flashing a custom ROM, download and install the Xposed framework (google it). It's very easy to install and opens up a ton of customization options.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Rom: SHOstock3 v4.0
Kernel: AJK 4.3

phillyd32
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmboost View Post
No, what he meant was that with a locked boot loader on the AT&T Note 3, AOSP-based roms will never work.
Makes sense. Thanks for the input guys. I'll be considering flashing, but for now, root access has given me a ton of improvements.

SpikeyPsyche
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I wouldn't be so sure that the bootloader will remain locked forever. From what I understand a presenter at Black Hat is apparently going to show a method for unlocking the bootloader on any current Samsung phone.