Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So, what's up with my flashlight?

Tip us?

luda214
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] So, what's up with my flashlight?

Okay, well I know this is almost a ghost town, but I've got to try to find a solution for this. Before I started flashing ROM's my flashlight worked great, the torch app was fine, the camera flash was fine, and into a few different flashes it was still fine. However, after flashing Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 it worked for awhile and then stopped. I dealt with it for a few days because I really liked that ROM, then the time arrived that I needed the torch. I then flashed Albinoman's CM 10.2 in which it still didn't work. I'm now on Legacy Carbon 4.3 and I intend to stay there until I upgrade this phone. But I can't figure out if it's because all the switching ROM's or if it's a hardware issue. I've barely seen anything like this in my searches. Nothing on here and even Google. A little bit of help would be nice, if not well thanks for the awesome ROM's.

Oh and one last thing in case it's asked, everything else works great. Camera will take pictures just won't flash and torch app says "torch is now on" but nothing happens.

N_otori0us_
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda214 View Post
Okay, well I know this is almost a ghost town, but I've got to try to find a solution for this. Before I started flashing ROM's my flashlight worked great, the torch app was fine, the camera flash was fine, and into a few different flashes it was still fine. However, after flashing Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2 it worked for awhile and then stopped. I dealt with it for a few days because I really liked that ROM, then the time arrived that I needed the torch. I then flashed Albinoman's CM 10.2 in which it still didn't work. I'm now on Legacy Carbon 4.3 and I intend to stay there until I upgrade this phone. But I can't figure out if it's because all the switching ROM's or if it's a hardware issue. I've barely seen anything like this in my searches. Nothing on here and even Google. A little bit of help would be nice, if not well thanks for the awesome ROM's.

Oh and one last thing in case it's asked, everything else works great. Camera will take pictures just won't flash and torch app says "torch is now on" but nothing happens.
Flash Cyanogen7 and see if it works. If it doesn't then it's a hardware problem.
My Phone: HTC Panache
ROM : [PORT] AoCP 5.8 (4.2.2)
Recovery : 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC8

Memorable ROMs: ShenduOS, AoCP, Cyanogen7, SlimBean

I'm learning

If I've helped you, press that thanks button down there, it makes me happy
The Following User Says Thank You to N_otori0us_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luda214
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_otori0us_ View Post
Flash Cyanogen7 and see if it works. If it doesn't then it's a hardware problem.
Was really hoping you were on to something there. Flashed CM 7 and it still didn't work. I guess it's done then. Thanks for the suggestion.

N_otori0us_
Old
Thanks Meter 476
No problem, just remember to hit that thanks button instead of saying thanks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Phone: HTC Panache
ROM : [PORT] AoCP 5.8 (4.2.2)
Recovery : 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC8

Memorable ROMs: ShenduOS, AoCP, Cyanogen7, SlimBean

I'm learning

If I've helped you, press that thanks button down there, it makes me happy

luda214
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oops sorry, you got it.