[Q] Can't find a file (Media) that's killing my battery

OP nukesnooper

20th June 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag 79556
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
More
I did the Towelroot, but my battery usage is absolutely gone to pot.

I checked under battery usage, and it shows a file named "Media" that is using almost 50% of my battery. I can literally see the battery percentage drop 10% in 1 hour - with no usage. I can actually see it dropping before my eyes. Otherwise, the other functions are working great.

I installed Titanium Pro to freeze some bloatware, and at the bottom, I can see two files that are greyed out with lines through them. "Media" is one of them. The other is imsqmisocket. I didn't delete these or freeze them, but they appear to be removed from my system. When I click on them in Titanium Pro; I have no option to restore, or undelete. The imsqmisocket doesn't seem to be listed at all under battery usage.

Any ideas about what "Media" is, how it may have been deleted / frozen, and why it's drawing so much battery usage? I haven't been using ANY media type functions, but it's gobbling up my battery.

The rest of the battery usage seems normal for other applications / usage.

Thanks for any help.

Edited to reflect: In all fairness; the battery issue existed before the root. I'm just trying to resurrect this $700.00 paperweight. I just didn't think it was that bad!
Last edited by nukesnooper; 21st June 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Addition
21st June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
have you loaded any app that can provide wakelock info? that's the best way to identify what app it is.
21st June 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 179

772 posts
Wasn't there a problem in the Samsung tab 2 under stock that when the external SD card got corrupted it constantly attempted to scan the card for media consequently destroying the card and killing the battery? Maybe that's what is going on here

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread