Ask a question

No registration required

build.prop edit

OP Ash180287

17th June 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12

38 posts
Just out of curiosity, sure I would have hered about it on here if anyone had tried. But has anyone attempted/been brave enough to edit their build.prop to mimic a shield yet to see what kind of comparability we get with portal and half life. Am really tempted but reluctant for the obvious reasons. I do it all the time with Samsung's with few issues but kinda need a recovery menu their for my piece of mind before touching the build.prop with the mojo
The Following User Says Thank You to Ash180287 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

38 posts
Well if can confirm changing the values in the build.prop to this:
ro.product.model=SHIELD
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=thor
ro.product.device=roth
ro.product.board=P2450

Does not gain compatibility to the nvida shield games on the android market, and does not cause any issues on the mojo.
Only thing I can think of now it to aquire a copy of half life 2 apk file and see if when its side loaded its tricked into thinking its loading onto a shield. But in an ideal world I would like to purchase it from the store to support the devs
Last edited by Ash180287; 20th June 2014 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ash180287 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,204

4,726 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash180287

Well if can confirm changing the values in the build.prop to this:
ro.product.model=SHIELD
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=thor
ro.product.device=roth
ro.product.board=P2450

Does not gain compatibility to the nvida shield games on the android market, and does not cause any issues on the mojo.
Only thing I can think of now it to aquire a copy of half life 2 apk file and see if when its side loaded its tricked into thinking its loading onto a shield. But in an ideal world I would like to purchase it from the store to support the devs

what determines market compatibility is the keys;

ro.build.description=d2mtr-user 4.1.2 JZO54K R530MVQAMF2 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/d2mtr/d2mtr:4.1.2/JZO54K/R530MVQAMF2:user/release-keys

if you were to swap those with the lines you have the market thinking you have metropcs CDMA SGS3 on 4.1.2. i would suggest trying to grab a rom from the shield and swapping the values you have for those ones .

edit:

ro.build.description=thor-user 4.2.1 JOP40D 8857_206.8556 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/thor/roth:4.2.1/JOP40D/8857_206.8556:user/release-keys

there ya go, the shield from 4.2.1, it wa steh only rom i could find for em but at the very least its worth a try make sure you backup your build.prop before editing em.
Last edited by shabbypenguin; 21st June 2014 at 12:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin

what determines market compatibility is the keys;

ro.build.description=d2mtr-user 4.1.2 JZO54K R530MVQAMF2 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/d2mtr/d2mtr:4.1.2/JZO54K/R530MVQAMF2:user/release-keys

if you were to swap those with the lines you have the market thinking you have metropcs CDMA SGS3 on 4.1.2. i would suggest trying to grab a rom from the shield and swapping the values you have for those ones .

edit:

ro.build.description=thor-user 4.2.1 JOP40D 8857_206.8556 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/thor/roth:4.2.1/JOP40D/8857_206.8556:user/release-keys

there ya go, the shield from 4.2.1, it wa steh only rom i could find for em but at the very least its worth a try make sure you backup your build.prop before editing em.

Yep backup the living hell out of everything, learned that lesson the hard way ,

Thanks for the lines what I had done always worked on my Samsung's for some reason.
Does that mean those are the only 2 key lines and the ones I changed didnt near altering.
Am on my bull s weekend shift so will try it out and see what happens.
21st June 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,204

4,726 posts
Donate to Me
More
Changing certain things may alter it etc, but those two lines are the biggest changes needed to also change for market accress. i believe you may need to set device as well but im not entire sure, its been a few years since ive had to spoof a market. either way hopefully helps ya enable some additional stuff, if im able to get cwm working you guys might be able to set up a flashable zip to "open" the market on up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread