Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Password assistace/work around help SCH-I605

Tip us?

adidastampa
Old
(Last edited by adidastampa; 19th June 2014 at 05:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Password assistace/work around help SCH-I605

I changed the lock screen password on my device after entering a new one when encrypting the SD card. Sadly, I forgot where I put the note with the new password and I have locked myself out of the phone.

I have tried everything I know to get to some type of back door, but without any success. And there doesn't seem to be any info out there on how to get past the lock screen without doing a factory reset. Does anyone know of a way or a tool I can find which can get me past the lock screen? I currently have the a rooted SCH-i605 running 4.3, which I removed all the bloatware and rogue apps from, and I would hate to have to start all over again. But unfortunately, the only thing I can think of to so is to wipe it clean and start from scratch..

If anyone has been through this and knows a tool or a work around to my issue, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks

macrossmerrell
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I think factory reset is your only option if you can't remember the password. If there was a work around, encrypting the phone would be a worthless feature.

Sorry mate,

Merrell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Let the flashing begin!