Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cwm bootloop

Tip us?

pvaldeben
Old
(Last edited by pvaldeben; 16th June 2014 at 12:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default cwm bootloop

First time this happens. Was going to do a nandroid from rom manager and the phone got stuck in boot loop. Cwm would start and restart the phone over and over again. I had to do odin back to 4.3 root66.

I was installing a 4.4 tw rom with Agni kernel 4.2.1 and after setting up rom manager if I tried going into recovery it will start boot looping.

has this happened to anyone and fixed it.

Thanks, cheers.

Blueracer90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaldeben View Post
First time this happens. Was going to do a nandroid from rom manager and the phone got stuck in boot loop. Cwm would start and restart the phone over and over again. I had to do odin back to 4.3 root66.

I was installing a 4.4 tw rom with Agni kernel 4.2.1 and after setting up rom manager if I tried going into recovery it will start boot looping.

Thanks, cheers.
Make sure that you updated to the latest CWM. Android 4.4 support has been added in the latest version and is not able to be flashed on older versions of CWM

pvaldeben
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer90 View Post
Make sure that you updated to the linstalltest CWM. Android 4.4 support has been added in the latest version and is not able to be flashed on older versions of CWM
Since I did a odin restore, I must have had installed the latest CWM from rom manager. Its after I install 4.4 t rom nd agni kernel that it happans. Very weird thinking of staying on4.3 till I figure this out.
Else I need to next to my PC is it happens again. I was wondering if there was a way to stop booting into CWM since bootinging into the rom has no issues.

Blueracer90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Since I did a odin restore, I must have had installed the latest CWM from rom manager. Its after I install 4.4 t rom nd agni kernel that it happans. Very weird thinking of staying on4.3 till I figure this out.
Else I need to next to my PC is it happens again. I was wondering if there was a way to stop booting into CWM since bootinging into the rom has no issues.
Did you make sure that the kernel is compatible with the ROM? Which 4.4 rom are you using and do you have a link to where I can find the kernel.

pvaldeben
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueracer90 View Post
Did you make sure that the kernel is compatible with the ROM? Which 4.4 rom are you using and do you have a link to where I can find the kernel.
This is Rom I used: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754065
Installed Beta 2 with out optimization option in Auroma.

Kernel I used:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602053
PSN_AGNi_pureSTOCK-v4.2.1_R3_N7105_4.4.2_AROMA-signed.zip

Now that I'm home I'm going to try once more with stock Kernel only.

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 595
Quote:
If rom manager thought you were running a SGH-I317 it may have installed the wrong model's cwm. Get the proper file and flash manually.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

BRANDENDEUCE
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks, cheers.
Download philz custom recovery and after you install AGNi go to philz settings and reroot I had the same problem. Also don't use the newest AGNi use the one before

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pvaldeben
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDENDEUCE View Post
Download philz custom recovery and after you install AGNi go to philz settings and reroot I had the same problem. Also don't use the newest AGNi use the one before

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Glad to sat it not happening anymore. No CWB Boot loop anymore.

I cannot say how it happened but I think I was flashing to many stuff on first flash and that was causing it.

I followed the directions and let rom settle for 10 minutes before flashing SU, Kernel and key board fix.