Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 36,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL][KDA20.62-10.1][KitKat 4.4.2] Rooting Progress Thread

Tip us?

noahsobd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Pretty much. I simply have dedicated time and effort into serving the Android community. Even though I don't own a moto device any more I pass on my knowledge so that the community may be a better place. I can be a little harsh with people at times but that is generally only when they're lazy and refuse to read... One of my pet peeves. I was taught by some of the great people in the moto community and feel that knowledge should be shared. I also feel that in order to protect the ability to root going forward, unlocking is the best way. When I see an opportunity for you guys like the one we have here, I'm not going to stop until they patch the exploit. I want every phone out there unlocked simply on principle.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
awesome and thank you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noahsobd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
What's the latest word on that "new soak test" I was hearing rumors about a week or two ago?
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1,411
A week or two ago? LOL! The emails went out Sunday night. No word yet. Unknown if they'll pull it now that 4.4.4 was released.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
Moto X Developer Edition

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
Lol, must have been one hell of a week for me.

You think they'd pull it due to 4.4.4? As in, add 4.4.4 updates to the new update they're looking to push out to give us 4.4.4? I thought they were pretty firm on not upgrading these phones past 4.4.2, other than the bug fixes (like speaker popping, etc.).
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."

SamuriHL
Old
Thanks Meter 1,411
4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are bug fixes. 4.4.4 patches a very serious openssl bug. So I think it's possible. They just did so for the 2013 Droids.

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
Moto X Developer Edition

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
here is a tutorial if anyone needs it
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here