Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 2.3 Phone unresponsive or crash everytime after each app update.

OP misbehave

21st June 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

113 posts
More
My phone is an old T-Mobile G2 (aka HTC Desire Z).
I know I should post this in the G2/Desire Z section but I am not sure if anyone still visit that section at all so I want to post this here instead and hope for some help.

It's a T-Mobile G2, S-off, unlocked, rooted, CWM Recovery and SU installed, and flashed with Virtuous Sense Rom which is basically a Desire-Z stock sense 2.3 rom with some stuff stripped off.

It used to have the older version of Play Store which doesn't have Play Movies but only Apps. I installed the newer Play Store after I flashed it with the Virtuous Sense Rom.

I have had this problem for a couple years already and have yet to find a solution.
Every time after I update an app, the phone will either unresponsive for about 5 mins. No button would work, it wouldn't let me do anything.
Most of the time after 5 mins the phone will be back to normal but a lot of times it just crash and won't be back to normal even after 5 mins and I have to pull the battery out and reboot the phone before I can use it or update the next app that needed to be updated.

Other time the phone is fine (well maybe except Google Play Services always cause my phone to show the "Internal Memory Full" message).
But this problem is quite annoying.
Does anyone know what is causing this and anyone know any solutions to fix this?
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread