Need Evita drivers.

Search This thread

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Hi all. I am trying to flash a boot.img for cyanogenmod onto my Evita and as I have done in he past and have had no success. I recently used the recovery discs on my PC and I guess I lost the drivers. I do have and/fastboot installed. While my phone was in fastboot mode I accidently did a factory restore and wiped everything from the internal storage. I am able to use an otg cable to flash the ROM zip but can't flash the boot.img because my command prompt stalls at waiting for device after typing (fastboot flash boot boot.img). Can anyone give me an idea on how to fix this. Thank you.
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Hi all. I am trying to flash a boot.img for cyanogenmod onto my Evita and as I have done in he past and have had no success. I recently used the recovery discs on my PC and I guess I lost the drivers. I do have and/fastboot installed. While my phone was in fastboot mode I accidently did a factory restore and wiped everything from the internal storage. I am able to use an otg cable to flash the ROM zip but can't flash the boot.img because my command prompt stalls at waiting for device after typing (fastboot flash boot boot.img). Can anyone give me an idea on how to fix this. Thank you.

Oh, my Evita is s-on and I have twrp 2.7.0.0 installed.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Did u factory reset in boot loader?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

If so, your SD card is corrupt. Look under timaaas signature for help

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

The first thing you need to do is fix your sd card. Use the wipe menu in TWRP to wipe it, then use the mount menu to mount it and format it with Windows. As for the drivers, install HTC Sync Manager and connect your phone and it should install the drivers for you. Once that's done you can uninstall HTC Sync Manager, it only gets in the way.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: marknoll

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
The first thing you need to do is fix your sd card. Use the wipe menu in TWRP to wipe it, then use the mount menu to mount it and format it with Windows. As for the drivers, install HTC Sync Manager and connect your phone and it should install the drivers for you. Once that's done you can uninstall HTC Sync Manager, it only gets in the way.

Sent from my Evita

Thanks for the reply guys. I have used windows to reformat the internal sd card. I installed HTC sync, but it will not recognize either my one x or One. I can only get into recovery with the evita. Will HTC sync reconize my phone in recovery? I am going to reinstall it and try again.

Reactions: marknoll

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Did u factory reset in boot loader?

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

If so, your SD card is corrupt. Look under timaaas signature for help

That's exactly what I did. What a boneheaded move I did.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Look under Tims Sig on how to fix it

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Edit..sorry. Didn't see Tims post

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Idk if it will reco it in recovery. It does on mine, but then again I have the drivers installed

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I think you need adb on in order for PC to reco the device

Reactions: quicksilver53

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
You'll need to be connected in bootloader mode for the drivers to install. If they don't install automatically there's a drivers thread in our General Section, you can grab them from there.

Sent from my Evita

Thanks so much for the help guys.
Much appreciated. It seems that abd was not properly installed. Today I installed wugfresh's nrt to reroot my N7. This reinstalled abd and I was able to use it to flash my boot.IMG. to my Evita. I was sure I installed it before, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks again.:)

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Idk if it will reco it in recovery. It does on mine, but then again I have the drivers installed

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You'll need to be connected in bootloader mode for the drivers to install. If they don't install automatically there's a drivers thread in our General Section, you can grab them from there.

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

Thanks for the reply guys. I have used windows to reformat the internal sd card. I installed HTC sync, but it will not recognize either my one x or One. I can only get into recovery with the evita. Will HTC sync reconize my phone in recovery? I am going to reinstall it and try again.

Fix it?

Yes thanks marknoll. After I rerooted my N7, I tried to enter the fastboot command to flash the boot.IMG for my Evita and it worked.