Ask a question

No registration required

Root folders permissions

OP Tulsadiver

18th June 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301

496 posts
Does anyone know the folder permissions for the root, system, system \ bin, system \ framework, and system\media? I was trying to get the bootanimation and some files in the media and bin folders to be set at a particular permission level and I believe it changed some of my folders permissions instead. I can boot up, install, restore, upgrade to nc2, downgrade back to MK2, run all my roms and everything else except I can't do a backup safestrap. I tried to use online nandroid and it fails too. I also cannot do a complete wipe and restore as odin fails at, or just after, aboot with it saying (auth) problem.
21st June 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,579

1,925 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

Does anyone know the folder permissions for the root, system, system \ bin, system \ framework, and system\media? I was trying to get the bootanimation and some files in the media and bin folders to be set at a particular permission level and I believe it changed some of my folders permissions instead. I can boot up, install, restore, upgrade to nc2, downgrade back to MK2, run all my roms and everything else except I can't do a backup safestrap. I tried to use online nandroid and it fails too. I also cannot do a complete wipe and restore as odin fails at, or just after, aboot with it saying (auth) problem.

Your restore failure is due to trying to downgrade.
Did you flash the fix that allows write to the external SDcard? It seems likely that's why your nandroid backup is failing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread