Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root folders permissions

Tip us?

Tulsadiver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Root folders permissions

Does anyone know the folder permissions for the root, system, system \ bin, system \ framework, and system\media? I was trying to get the bootanimation and some files in the media and bin folders to be set at a particular permission level and I believe it changed some of my folders permissions instead. I can boot up, install, restore, upgrade to nc2, downgrade back to MK2, run all my roms and everything else except I can't do a backup safestrap. I tried to use online nandroid and it fails too. I also cannot do a complete wipe and restore as odin fails at, or just after, aboot with it saying (auth) problem.

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1523

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver View Post
Does anyone know the folder permissions for the root, system, system \ bin, system \ framework, and system\media? I was trying to get the bootanimation and some files in the media and bin folders to be set at a particular permission level and I believe it changed some of my folders permissions instead. I can boot up, install, restore, upgrade to nc2, downgrade back to MK2, run all my roms and everything else except I can't do a backup safestrap. I tried to use online nandroid and it fails too. I also cannot do a complete wipe and restore as odin fails at, or just after, aboot with it saying (auth) problem.
Your restore failure is due to trying to downgrade.
Did you flash the fix that allows write to the external SDcard? It seems likely that's why your nandroid backup is failing.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1