Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My S5's headphone jack is jacked! >_<

Tip us?

LadyAngler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default My S5's headphone jack is jacked! >_<

Well I guess I'm gonna have to flash back to stock with Odin and get my new phone exchanged because it appears that I have a faulty headphone jack.

I've tried the stock ear buds as well as a couple other pair I have and music only plays if I wiggle the connection and the plug is really loose so something's not right. Grrrr

Totally screwed up my Zombie's run workout! [emoji35]jk

Sorry I just needed to vent because I've gotten everything all set up and now I have this issue!
I'll get over it though. [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lancelinksp
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAngler View Post
Well I guess I'm gonna have to flash back to stock with Odin and get my new phone exchanged because it appears that I have a faulty headphone jack.

I've tried the stock ear buds as well as a couple other pair I have and music only plays if I wiggle the connection and the plug is really loose so something's not right. Grrrr

Sorry I just needed to vent because I've gotten everything all set up and now I have this issue!

I have had 2 S 5s and both of the headphone jacks sound horrible from day 1. Good luck.

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:

Word of advice. Try the headphone jack before you leave this time.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Word of advice. Try the headphone jack before you leave this time.
yea.. unless you damaged it.. have you dropped it or anything or tried to put somethin in there? or did it never work and you just tried it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

LadyAngler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
No I just got my phone on Wednesday and tonight was the first time I tried using the ear buds with it.

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
No I just got my phone on Wednesday and tonight was the first time I tried using the ear buds with it.

sucks man.. at least youre within your 15 day guarantee so they should replace with a brand new one

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

LadyAngler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yeah they will take care of it I'm sure. I got everything set back to stock I just had to use odin because I had deleted some bloat. Awe well at least I have all the tools on my pc now ready to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk