Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anybody know how to disable "Insert Sim card" & enable manual APN settings?

Tip us?

JoJo2211
Old
(Last edited by JoJo2211; 20th June 2014 at 10:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Anybody know how to disable "Insert Sim card" & enable manual APN settings?

I put my AT&T sim card in and it works great! However I have noticed that I don't get cellular data and there is a persistent "Insert Sim card" message. Does anyone know of a way to permanentlydisable this particular message and manually enter the APN settings?

Thanks!

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Settings -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks ->Access Point Names to edit the APN. Not sure how to get rid of the message on this phone or if it is possible currently.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcollier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BeefJerky9
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo2211 View Post
I put my AT&T sim card in and it works great! However I have noticed that I don't get cellular data and there is a persistent "Insert Sim card" message. Does anyone know of a way to permanentlydisable this particular message and manually enter the APN settings?

Thanks!
Once you root the phone you can disable the message; you will need to either delete or freeze the Setup Wizard apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeefJerky9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JoJo2211
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky9 View Post
Once you root the phone you can disable the message; you will need to either delete or freeze the Setup Wizard apps.
Thank you so much man!!!