Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 51,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

$100 to anyone that figures out how to root a Sony Z2 with locked Bootloader

Tip us?

CenteaOSD
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Gratz. You managed to unbrick it. Then you learnt how difficult it is to fix it. So what... Can't you wait till someone posts the way... It is good for ya.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Current:Xperia Z2(D6503),T100TA,Walkman F(886)

History: [Phone]IS04- XperiaX10→GalaxyS2→GalaxyNexus→EVO 3D→Xperia AcroHD→HTC J→
ArrowsX(F-10D)→GalaxyY(S5360)→XperiaZ(C6603)→One M7→Xperia Z2(D6503)→Maybe Xperia Z4
[Tab&MP]Nexus7(2012)→MeMoPad FHD10→Nexus7(2013)→Maybe Nexus8 (WalkmanZ→WalkmanF)

exc1d1us
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenteaOSD View Post
Gratz. You managed to unbrick it. Then you learnt how difficult it is to fix it. So what... Can't you wait till someone posts the way... It is good for ya.

I have to admit.. that was SCARY! :P

CenteaOSD
Old
(Last edited by CenteaOSD; 2nd June 2014 at 07:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Then don't bet anymore....

Even I got scared

Current:Xperia Z2(D6503),T100TA,Walkman F(886)

History: [Phone]IS04- XperiaX10→GalaxyS2→GalaxyNexus→EVO 3D→Xperia AcroHD→HTC J→
ArrowsX(F-10D)→GalaxyY(S5360)→XperiaZ(C6603)→One M7→Xperia Z2(D6503)→Maybe Xperia Z4
[Tab&MP]Nexus7(2012)→MeMoPad FHD10→Nexus7(2013)→Maybe Nexus8 (WalkmanZ→WalkmanF)

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5061

DONATE TO ME
I'm sure you'll have root on Z2 in August.
Few devs talk about rooting KK and that they already have found root exploits but they can't publish that until August.

Check "root bounty Z1s" in Z1 general section.

I'm quite sure, once when root exploit goes out for that device, Z2 devs could use that to root Z2 LB.

The main problem, for now is that KK isn't rootable, we have to downgrade to JB, root it and then use few tricks from NUT (prerooted rom and stripped ftf (stock kernel)) on Z1.

I also plan to buy Z2 with BL status NO...
I really like Xposed and custom nav bar icons but I've got really good offer for LB device and I'll (probably) buy it...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamsmth663
Old
Thanks Meter 32
just need to be patient its only a matter of time

i mean widespread availabiltiy for this device only took off about 2-3 weeks ago and unless im mistaken its not even widely available in USA yet

wait for more people/devs to get their hands on it and im sure someone will figure out a way

it might require going down the embeding root into a FTF, its complicated and i dont pretend to understand it all, but there are some great devs on this site and im sure someone will figure it out sooner rather than later,
The Following User Says Thank You to adamsmth663 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goatssea
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by exc1d1us View Post
I bought this device in Canada, The provider is Bell.
My bootloader is locked. And following the Sony steps.. It says it won't unlock.
In device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. Bootloader unlock allowed says No,
All my favorite apps won't work properly without root.
If anyone figures a way to root it.. I'll give you $100.
You might have already seen this, but I thought I'd post just in case:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2783750&page=4

Worked perfect for my Bell Xperia Z2.