Few Questions about G Pro F240L

OP sixpathofpain

16th April 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Hi,

I'm new to this thread can someone will answer my few questions to my g pro f240l. So lets roll out first is it is purely stock 4.1.2 how will i remove 80sms character limit on texting? and seems i live on philippines every time i put my sim card it says roaming but can receive local text messages thanks!
16th April 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpathofpain

Hi,

I'm new to this thread can someone will answer my few questions to my g pro f240l. So lets roll out first is it is purely stock 4.1.2 how will i remove 80sms character limit on texting? and seems i live on philippines every time i put my sim card it says roaming but can receive local text messages thanks!

I was in the same situation as you, im in the philippines and recently picked up a f240l. The easiest way to fix it is rooting, then install cwm (remember to backup), and flash the v5 g2 apps rom, then baseband. This basically converts our f240 to e988. I highly recommend that as a starting point. You can.find all the instructions here on xda or you can check out the g pro section over at optimusforums.com. Good luck.
Last edited by colddecked; 16th April 2014 at 11:38 AM.
16th April 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colddecked

I was in the same situation as you, im in the philippines and recently picked up a f240l. The easiest way to fix it is rooting, then install cwm (remember to backup), and flash the v5 g2 apps rom, then baseband. This basically converts our f240 to e988. I highly recommend that as a starting point. You can.find all the instructions here on xda or you can check out the g pro section over at optimusforums.com. Good luck.

so how will i do the backup and i will be needed a external sd card for that? thanks do you have facebook? so we can talk easier.
16th April 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpathofpain

so how will i do the backup and i will be needed a external sd card for that? thanks do you have facebook? so we can talk easier.

I think you can backup to the internal memory, but i did it to an sd, then copied it to my computer. For rooting you dont need an external but for the flashing i used one. Just msg me your fb name.
16th April 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colddecked

I think you can backup to the internal memory, but i did it to an sd, then copied it to my computer. For rooting you dont need an external but for the flashing i used one. Just msg me your fb name.

pm sent
16th June 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
hello guys, im from philippines to. can you help me to in that same issue? thanks!
21st June 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 26

37 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking Sphinx G pro V1.5
you can flash Sphinx Gpro ROM which is based on the stock (so all the cool Functionalities of the phone is still intact). There is a step by step guide to root and flash cwm. Might need to use Google translate because the site is in Vietnamese.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread