Messenger & Gmail Sounds?

OP Morinzo

20th June 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
Is there any way to have different sounds for txt msg (stock msging app) & gmail? everytime mine goes off I think it's a txt but it's actually an email.

thx for any help.
21st June 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 123

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinzo

Is there any way to have different sounds for txt msg (stock msging app) & gmail? everytime mine goes off I think it's a txt but it's actually an email.

thx for any help.

you should be able to but im not sure as i have the sprint g900p phone. but you can try, open gmail-top left hit the three lines- scroll down till you see settings-tap your account name-look for inbox sound and vibrate- tap sound ( you might get asked to complete action using, select one and hit just once), if you arent asked for that, pick a sound and hit okay. back out and your gmail is set.

messaging: open messages-upper right tap the three dots-tap settings-tap notifications-tap notification sounds (again, you might get asked to complete action using, select one and hit just once), if you arent asked for that, pick a sound and hit okay. back out and messaging is done.
hope that helped
The Following User Says Thank You to montecarlo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 127

725 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinzo

thx for any help.

I use lightflow for everything. Put all sounds on silent and use lightflow for vibrations, sounds, etc

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo5

you should be able to but im not sure as i have the sprint g900p phone. but you can try, open gmail-top left hit the three lines- scroll down till you see settings-tap your account name-look for inbox sound and vibrate- tap sound ( you might get asked to complete action using, select one and hit just once), if you arent asked for that, pick a sound and hit okay. back out and your gmail is set.

Worked great to change my gmail sounds, Thx..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread