Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrading to ZVC From ZVA Rooted

Tip us?

jigarbond
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Upgrading to ZVC From ZVA Rooted

Hello,

I have a G2 Running Stock LS980ZVA Kernel Version 3.4.0. Now I rooted the stock ROM and now got a notification to update the ROM to ZVC.
Now my dilemma is do I "Restart and Install" this update or not. Will this brick my phone?

I have TWRP running as the custom recovery. What should I be doing? I tried to search for a similar thread but couldn't find one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 502
You will brick. Either hold your finger on the notification and then click app data. Click on the show notification. No check mark. Notification will go away.
Regular reboot will not install the update.

If you unroot and put regular recovery back. Then you could.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to secret.animal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dagamer1991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ZVA Sim unlocked, root OTA update to kitkat query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigarbond View Post
Hello,

I have a G2 Running Stock LS980ZVA Kernel Version 3.4.0. Now I rooted the stock ROM and now got a notification to update the ROM to ZVC.
Now my dilemma is do I "Restart and Install" this update or not. Will this brick my phone?

I have TWRP running as the custom recovery. What should I be doing? I tried to search for a similar thread but couldn't find one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!
I have a kind of same problem, I'm from India and my uncle got me sprint lg g2 unlocked, which is rooted and on ZVA (4.2.2).
My question is should I install the OTA for kitkat?
Will i lose my unlock and root ?

dagamer1991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagamer1991 View Post
I have a kind of same problem, I'm from India and my uncle got me sprint lg g2 unlocked, which is rooted and on ZVA (4.2.2).
My question is should I install the OTA for kitkat?
Will i lose my unlock and root ?
Please someone reply, i searched all over and cannot find anything bout this..

vipulsaini1402
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Please someone reply, i searched all over and cannot find anything bout this..
I had the OTA downloaded but when i tried installing it, it did not install completely. Phone restarted and is still on 4.2.2 . Everything works as normal though, as I have been prompted 3 times to install the update.

dagamer1991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulsaini1402 View Post
I had the OTA downloaded but when i tried installing it, it did not install completely. Phone restarted and is still on 4.2.2 . Everything works as normal though, as I have been prompted 3 times to install the update.
okay, i did some research and found that it is safe to install OTAs but if youre rooted youll lose the root and unlock will still stay.
best imo, is you upgrade to 4.4.2 and root again with custom recovery and install a nice ROM.

salim1001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
okay, i did some research and found that it is safe to install OTAs but if youre rooted youll lose the root and unlock will still stay.
best imo, is you upgrade to 4.4.2 and root again with custom recovery and install a nice ROM.
Hi - I need similar help.

I have Sprint LG G2 that I purchased from ebay which was rooted and then used sim unlocked as mentioned in xda by the seller. I want to upgrade to kitkat.

please provide steps to backup my data and what needs to be done to upgrade to kitkat without losing the sim unlock.

Thanks