Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Signal Loss - 1 bar - No Sevice I747m - Cant receive calls

Tip us?

blainville10
Old
(Last edited by blainville10; 12th June 2014 at 11:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Signal Loss - 1 bar - No Sevice I747m - Cant receive calls

Hi,

I have a fido I747m I baught off someone and tried before buying it to see if my rogers and Pc mobile sim works. Did placed call and was ok. After placing a few calls I was having trouble getting them to go through. Only 10-30% of calls go through. I noticed the signal strength is one bar and increase to full when placing the call and if it does quickly the call will go through if there is a delay the call wont go through. Now to receive calls I cant unlesss by chance I have more than one bar when someone is trying to call me so less than 1% of calls I receive. I've wiped and reflashed the fido rom bell rom and the new pc mobile rom the result is the same. Turned on/off airplane mode to get to work for less than a minute. Ive rooted the phone and modified to downgrade to 4.1.2 still no luck. Some people are telling it may have been unlocked badly. What can I do. I want to try to flash EFS but Im seeing I need to jtag which I dont have. Please let me know what I can do or if there is nothing that can be done.

EMEI OK

blainville10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
up

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1693

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blainville10 View Post
Hi,

I have a fido I747m I baught off someone and tried before buying it to see if my rogers and Pc mobile sim works. Did placed call and was ok. After placing a few calls I was having trouble getting them to go through. Only 10-30% of calls go through. I noticed the signal strength is one bar and increase to full when placing the call and if it does quickly the call will go through if there is a delay the call wont go through. Now to receive calls I cant unlesss by chance I have more than one bar when someone is trying to call me so less than 1% of calls I receive. I've wiped and reflashed the fido rom bell rom and the new pc mobile rom the result is the same. Turned on/off airplane mode to get to work for less than a minute. Ive rooted the phone and modified to downgrade to 4.1.2 still no luck. Some people are telling it may have been unlocked badly. What can I do. I want to try to flash EFS but Im seeing I need to jtag which I dont have. Please let me know what I can do or if there is nothing that can be done.

EMEI OK
Your NV file might be damaged/corrupted, which seems to be quite frequent with unlocking. You could copy one from another phone with nv-reader-write.

Before going that route though, you can try flashing another modem. I believe the latest one for Canadian users is ND3.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.

blainville10
Old
(Last edited by blainville10; 17th June 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That's what I actually did and worked. I didn't even modify the nv file and change the imei on the file. That easy it kept its own imei.

I tried flashing radio before and didn't work.

blainville10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is it normal I didnt have to change the imei number of the nv file.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5384

DONATE TO ME
Never try to "change" the imei. Unless meeting very specific criteria that is illegal.
Didn't you just say its working now though? Or did I misunderstand? Imo, messing with NV data should always be a last resort. If something goes wrong you can cause irreparable damage to the device. Plus ime, many people find they don't even need to go this route and just flashing the stock firmware often solves the problem.