Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not sure what the problem is

Tip us?

wafweezy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not sure what the problem is

Hi guys,fresh noob here . I just got a used galaxy note 3 N900 unlocked but wont turn on.When I connect it to charger the red LED light comes on,the same happens when i connect to a PC,however the computer says device not recognized. The previous owner told me that,at some point,he managed to get it to boot up to the boot screen(didn't specify) but couldn't get past it.Later on,it wouldnt even turn on. Am just not sure if it is hardware failure or a brick,if it is a brick which kind of brick is it.I have tried booting into recovery and download mode but no response at all.Is there any obvious sign to know if it is a hardware failure?Please help before I take any action that would cost me and end up wasting time and money,Thanks and good job everyone .

zelenko
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafweezy View Post
Hi guys,fresh noob here . I just got a used galaxy note 3 N900 unlocked but wont turn on.When I connect it to charger the red LED light comes on,the same happens when i connect to a PC,however the computer says device not recognized. The previous owner told me that,at some point,he managed to get it to boot up to the boot screen(didn't specify) but couldn't get past it.Later on,it wouldnt even turn on. Am just not sure if it is hardware failure or a brick,if it is a brick which kind of brick is it.I have tried booting into recovery and download mode but no response at all.Is there any obvious sign to know if it is a hardware failure?Please help before I take any action that would cost me and end up wasting time and money,Thanks and good job everyone .
Try with USB JIG
You can purshase from ebay for a 1-2 $ or make it own.
Search youtube video how to make or go to some repair center and ask do have USB JIG.
It get it to download mode and then flash official firmware
My beautiful Note 3 SM-N9005
The Following User Says Thank You to zelenko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]