Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

please HELP.. NOTE2 STUCK ON BOOT..

Tip us?
 
gibrannz
Old
(Last edited by gibrannz; 19th June 2014 at 12:07 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 69
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default please HELP.. NOTE2 STUCK ON BOOT..

My sgh-t889 T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, is stuck on boot.
I already wiped everything (dalvik cache,cache,data,system, internal memory) and flashed the stock firmaware using odin.
I also tried flashing a custom rom using the an external sd, and both methods say it was successfully installed but it still wont boot up, it stays stuck on the boot screen. PLEASE HELP.
 
SickSkillz22
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibrannz View Post
My sgh-t889 T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, is stuck on boot.
I already wiped everything (dalvik cache,cache,data,system, internal memory) and flashed the stock firmaware using odin.
I also tried flashing a custom rom using the an external sd, and both methods say it was successfully installed but it still wont boot up, it stays stuck on the boot screen. PLEASE HELP.
Not a pro but when you flashed a custom rom,how long did you wait for it too boot up.I was just flashing today and some roms would take up more than 5minutes to boot up.I would pull out the battery for 1 minute and fire it up.
 
mattlowry
Old
#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1076
Posts: 1,359
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Valley View, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibrannz View Post
My sgh-t889 T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2, is stuck on boot.
I already wiped everything (dalvik cache,cache,data,system, internal memory) and flashed the stock firmaware using odin.
I also tried flashing a custom rom using the an external sd, and both methods say it was successfully installed but it still wont boot up, it stays stuck on the boot screen. PLEASE HELP.
it would be easier to help if we knew the following:
1. what firmware were you running before you tried the odin flash?
2. what stock firmware did you try to flash with odin?
3. what custom rom did you flash?
 
gibrannz
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 69
Join Date: Nov 2013
Yeah I know the first boot take longer, but I would let it sit for 10 minutes or more. I had to disconnect the battery everytime.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
gibrannz
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 69
Join Date: Nov 2013
I was in MD1 using the CM 10.2 (4.3) UnOfficial Nightlies rom.
I tried to flash the stock MK7 firmware with odin.
I tried to flash custom roms; SLIMKAT AND JEDI MASTER X
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlowry View Post
it would be easier to help if we knew the following:
1. what firmware were you running before you tried the odin flash?
2. what stock firmware did you try to flash with odin?
3. what custom rom did you flash?


Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mattlowry
Old
#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1076
Posts: 1,359
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Valley View, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibrannz View Post
I was in MD1 using the CM 10.2 (4.3) UnOfficial Nightlies rom.
I tried to flash the stock MK7 firmware with odin.
I tried to flash custom roms; SLIMKAT AND JEDI MASTER X




Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
make sure you are using the latest cwm or twrp recovery.
 
daspazz
Old
#7  
daspazz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 86
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: H0ust0ned
It would be most helpful if you could give us a little more data?

when you say stuck in boot mode, what do you see?

Im currently stuck in a boot loop, past 20 minutes, and all I see is T-Mobile 4gLTE on the screen with a carat advancing through the T-Mobile. I tried to upgrade from Omni ROM to the latest Stock ROM. I've tried to flash down and get failures on flash with Odin 3.09 (Which I used to flash the phone)

Any help here would be awesome!
IR Tarded- I Playz Gtar.

Samsung Galaxy S III - Liquid Smooth ROM 3.2 Unified, cause it RockS like me!

Asus Transformer TF700T - [ROM]★★[4.2.x] CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.41.x [DEODEX] It just works better!
 
armelcy
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2013
Yeah make sure you are using the latest recovery.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes