Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] *Unlocked* and Twrpv2.7.1.0 + SuperUser but still not Rooted?

Tip us?

DeviceJunkie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] *Unlocked* and Twrpv2.7.1.0 + SuperUser but still not Rooted?

Hola Party People,

I'm sorry, but what I am missing here, my device isn't rooted per Root Checker, WHY?

I've unlocked the boot loader, it's now saying *unlocked and tampered* Twrp openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m7.img has been added to my fastboot folder, even though the .img file never unzipped in my WinRaR, however still boots up on the phone. I've installed super user removed it and have tried the other SU, but after all of this, I'm still not ROOTED, per root checker? Why is this, and what am I missing? I feel like it's something super tiny, and i'm so close but yet so far! Do I need to make it S-OFF? Do I need to throw the phone out of the window? I

I don't want to use the toolkit since I like putting in the commands, and I've already done all of this work. I have the HTC ONE T Mobile PN07130. Please someone wave their magic wand and tell me what i'm missing, because I feel like i'm so close. I"M JUST TRYING TO TETHER, and I"m loosing my hair over this. Oh, did I mention that I'm a noob and joined this forum for the help of my comrades.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceJunkie View Post
Hola Party People,

I'm sorry, but what I am missing here, my device isn't rooted per Root Checker, WHY?

I've unlocked the boot loader, it's now saying *unlocked and tampered* Twrp openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m7.img has been added to my fastboot folder, even though the .img file never unzipped in my WinRaR, however still boots up on the phone. I've installed super user removed it and have tried the other SU, but after all of this, I'm still not ROOTED, per root checker? Why is this, and what am I missing? I feel like it's something super tiny, and i'm so close but yet so far! Do I need to make it S-OFF? Do I need to throw the phone out of the window? I

I don't want to use the toolkit since I like putting in the commands, and I've already done all of this work. I have the HTC ONE T Mobile PN07130. Please someone wave their magic wand and tell me what i'm missing, because I feel like i'm so close. I"M JUST TRYING TO TETHER, and I"m loosing my hair over this. Oh, did I mention that I'm a noob and joined this forum for the help of my comrades.
are you flashing superSU in TWRP or how are you installing it?
you never mention actually flashing recovery just putting it in the fastboot folder
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

DeviceJunkie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I'm Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
are you flashing superSU in TWRP or how are you installing it?
you never mention actually flashing recovery just putting it in the fastboot folder
You are correct Senor Member clsA - I'm on the phone in fastboot, I boot into Recovery - While in Twrp I download/ go to thesuperuser file from the Twrp install button, then swipe across for the installation.Once that is completed, I reboot system and check to see if the AP is installed. It is. Prior to doing that, I moved over the Super user file the fastboot folder on the computer into the internal storage so that it would be available in the twrp software.

Also - Did I mentioned that Spain is getting their gluts kicked once again, but this time it's by Chile? COME ON ESPANA -

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You are correct Senor Member clsA - I'm on the phone in fastboot, I boot into Recovery - While in Twrp I download/ go to thesuperuser file from the Twrp install button, then swipe across for the installation.Once that is completed, I reboot system and check to see if the AP is installed. It is. Prior to doing that, I moved over the Super user file the fastboot folder on the computer into the internal storage so that it would be available in the twrp software.

Also - Did I mentioned that Spain is getting their gluts kicked once again, but this time it's by Chile? COME ON ESPANA -
did you start superSU on the phone ? did it prompt you for an update ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

DeviceJunkie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Che che Check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
did you start superSU on the phone ? did it prompt you for an update ?

I did good sir - After downloading from twrp - I rebooted the system, and checked to see if SU was on the phone, and it was, so I opened it, but nothing happened, not upate request I mean. When I look in the changelog it seems that I have the updated version. I go to Root Check Basic and it says in red Sorry! This device does not have proper root access, then the phone grows a arm and hand then slaps me across the face.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I did good sir - After downloading from twrp - I rebooted the system, and checked to see if SU was on the phone, and it was, so I opened it, but nothing happened, not upate request I mean. When I look in the changelog it seems that I have the updated version. I go to Root Check Basic and it says in red Sorry! This device does not have proper root access, then the phone grows a arm and hand then slaps me across the face.
maybe another bug with TWRP 2.7
try flashing 2.6.3.3 and try again
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

DeviceJunkie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kinda hot in these Rhinos

[QUOTE=clsA;53504461]maybe another bug with TWRP 2.7
try flashing 2.6.3.3 and try again

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLRIIIGHTTTY THEN -

So I tried again - I now have the aforementioned TWRP on my phone and superuser - Still not rooted properly per Root checker- However couple things changed this time around.

I tried again but this time with SuperSU, with the newer TWRP. The first thing that changed was that my command screen was different. Instead of saying the normal

"""" \Users\Documents\OneDr
t flash recovery openrecovery
target reported max download
sending 'recovery' (9184 KB).
OKAY [ 1.162s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.715s]
finished. total time: 1.882s "" it said the below -

Users\\Documents\OneDrivers_Fastboot\OneDrivers_Fa stboot\Fastb
t recovery flash
usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:
update filename> reflash device from update
flashall flash boot + recovery + sy
flash <partition> [ filename ] write a file to a flash pa
erase <partition> erase a flash partition
format <partition> format a flash partition
getvar <variable> display a bootloader varia
boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel
flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash
devices list all connected devices
continue continue with autoboot
reboot reboot device normally
reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloa
help show this help message

This led me to believe that it was going to work this time around with the SuperSU - However when I got back into TWRP and installed the SuperSU and booted the phone the SuperSU gave me a "binary error code" I forgot the exact working, but it said that "this was a problem" So I went through the process again, with TWRP this time again with SuperUser , but still not root and the command didn't have the newer flash information. I'm so close I can feel it! any thought amigos - that means friend in spanish. Oh and Crotia beating Cameron 4-0 is just pathetic - Okay then bye bye now.

DeviceJunkie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello ALL

Any feedback from the many experience developers out there. Can you please let me know what Im missing?

ahmed blue
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Install suprsu 1.93