Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TRICK/GUIDE] Resume ROM Downloads from AFH And Goo.im

Tip us?

DMJoh
Old
(Last edited by DMJoh; 4th June 2014 at 08:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Info 2 [TRICK/GUIDE] Resume ROM Downloads from AFH And Goo.im

Most of you guys do not find a problem in resuming downloads from goo.im and androidfilehost.com.(AFH)
I wrote this thread for those who have problem in resuming ROM downloads because of expired links. I have found many people asking for mirror in development thread discussion forum, esp. in CM11. For the developer, it is highly impossible to mirror copy of every nightlies/updates released.

So this is for those who have trouble in resuming.

While downloading from AFH, we get a choice to select from 4 or 5 mirrors, select mirrors, which are not hosted by AFH.

USING IDM

1. Download IDM.
2. Using IDM, the download link can be refreshed reloading the download url from webpage again.
3. Using IDM may be a menace, because you may have to refresh the download links for a few couple of times if you have a slower connection. And also, IDM is trial for 30-days and then you have to pay.

USING UC BROWSER with UC CLOUD {The Best Way}

1. Download UC Browser and install.
2. Open UC Browser and copy the download page of the ROM.
3. Click download and wait for the download prompt.
4. When prompted select Cloud-Download.
5. Browser will redirect to UC Cloud, you may be asked to Sign Up, you can skip this if you prefer to start the download soon. But if you prefer to download via PC, its essential to Sign Up.
6. You will get 4GB+ free space in UC Cloud. (2GB Permanent + 4GB Temp).
7. You can select MY Files or Temp-File Station to save your download. It may take few minutes to get the file downloaded to UC CLoud depending on the file size.
8. Cross check the file size in the AFH/goo.im servers with UC Cloud (just to make sure) after successful caching.
9. Now you can download it straight via UC Browser by clicking download.
10. If you prefer to download it via PC, Go to http://cloud.ucweb.com/ Sign In and click Download.
11. Downloads will continue flawlessly without any errors.

Done!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akiratoriyama
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
Haven't had any issues downloading from either sites. I've a sponsor account at goo.im and AFH doesn't give me much trouble.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
AOGP Kernel Coder

DMJoh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
Haven't had any issues downloading from either sites. I've a sponsor account at goo.im and AFH doesn't give me much trouble.

You may be right brodah!! But for people with low speeds, its usual that the download links get expired. Even ihave faced it when i pause download for say, 30 min. When i resume, the download link gets expired, also i don't do any sign in/up in AFH. Just direct download. Also I have seen many people keep asking repeatedly for mirrors in CM11 thread as they face issues like download stuck at certain percentage.
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power

jackeagle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
You may be right brodah!! But for people with low speeds, its usual that the download links get expired. Even ihave faced it when i pause download for say, 30 min. When i resume, the download link gets expired, also i don't do any sign in/up in AFH. Just direct download. Also I have seen many people keep asking repeatedly for mirrors in CM11 thread as they face issues like download stuck at certain percentage.
Good work Bro.... Many of them were getting troubled due to download failure... Great Guide... Keep up the good work...
MY WORKS

Rom's

AICP [I9082]
Liquidsmooth [I9082]
Nameless [i9082]
Spirit Rom [I9300] , [N7000]

Carbon Rom [ Xiaomi Mi 3]

Guides

Android Rom Development
Bootanimation

The Following User Says Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IdenTT
Old
Thanks Meter 10
This is great guide and very helpful. Thank you very much. I was facing same problem. You solved it. UDisk method is great and easy for mobile users.

Tags
afh, cm11, goo.im, resume downloads