Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted note 3 sprint on Verizon??

Tip us?

Blanko6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Rooted note 3 sprint on Verizon??

Hi. I am doing some research for a friend, if he rooted he's note 3 for sprint, could it be used in Verizon or any other carriers..?!

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanko6 View Post
Hi. I am doing some research for a friend, if he rooted he's note 3 for sprint, could it be used in Verizon or any other carriers..?!

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
If he got it internationally unlocked and followed a thread here he could use it for att and tmobile.... vzw won't let other carriers phones on their system just like sprint won't ... it can be flashed to cricket and a couple others but mostly I guess there is no way for him to get it unlocked because sprint has to do it and the phone has to be on a account in good standing etc

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oscarthegrouch
Old
Thanks Meter 324
I highly doubt it. The least fuss way is to buy a phone for the carrier you plan on using it for. If it is possible, you'll get better network performance if you buy a phone for the specific carrier you're planning on using. I've seen this same question with so many phones over the years, it isn't even funny. You're not going to easily try and save a few bucks by thinking you can buy a phone for a different carrier and be able to easily port it over. You'll end up wasting lots of money for futile hopes. People think everything is interchangeable, it isn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]