Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound after battery replacement

Tip us?
 
foxxx46
Old
#1  
foxxx46's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2012
Post No sound after battery replacement

Hi
Month ago i replaced battery and since then i have no rear speaker sound. I've tried to fix it by reopening and looking where i didnt connect the cable or something but i cant find the problem. Can anyone tell me where are the cables for speaker because i didnt found nothing on google...
 
okhughes
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Adelaide
Default HOX rear speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxx46 View Post
Hi
Month ago i replaced battery and since then i have no rear speaker sound. I've tried to fix it by reopening and looking where i didnt connect the cable or something but i cant find the problem. Can anyone tell me where are the cables for speaker because i didnt found nothing on google...
The rear speaker on the HOX sits in the bottom of the rear shell and has two gold coloured spring pins that push up against the mainboard. I have come across the problem when fixing them that the pins get pushed down so they don't contact the board, or can be easily broken off if bent to far. Try bending pins up so the tips sit about 1-1.5mm above the speaker housing. hopefully the picture I've attached shows the pins clearly enough. If this fails to work try replacing the speaker, they are fairly cheap if this doesnt fix the problem you may have a hardware/software fault but try the easy stuff first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0401.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	2806577  
 
foxxx46
Old
#3  
foxxx46's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhughes View Post
The rear speaker on the HOX sits in the bottom of the rear shell and has two gold coloured spring pins that push up against the mainboard. I have come across the problem when fixing them that the pins get pushed down so they don't contact the board, or can be easily broken off if bent to far. Try bending pins up so the tips sit about 1-1.5mm above the speaker housing. hopefully the picture I've attached shows the pins clearly enough. If this fails to work try replacing the speaker, they are fairly cheap if this doesnt fix the problem you may have a hardware/software fault but try the easy stuff first.
I've bend the pins for 1-2mm and still no sound... i dont know what else to do... i wiped the pads with alcohol and still not working...
 
okhughes
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxx46 View Post
I've bend the pins for 1-2mm and still no sound... i dont know what else to do... i wiped the pads with alcohol and still not working...
Was thinking about it again and pins do not sit on mainboard but rest on the flex cable that also houses the bottom led's for the home button etc.follow that back and make sure it is connected properly in its connector although it should be if your home button led's are working. Also check there are no small tears accross the flex cable,I have also come across tiny tears across one track before.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes