P900 noob

OP nesx87

1st June 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

126 posts
Not rooting at first due to warranty considerations. I guess no samsung updates since launch? Im just wondering whether they are gonna optimize things for exynos etc and support it properly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
1st June 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #12  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 180

793 posts
Yeah my advice would be to not worry too much about benchmarks. Up until now I haven't run any on this device but I did install linpak and quadrant this morning to check. Both results are inconsistent with the article that was linked earlier in this thread. Linpak was consistently over 400 and got as high as 477 (each time claiming inconsistent results in its report) and quadrant showed a very low score of 11,000 or so.

Unless you game heavily though I'm sure things will work out fine for you.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
2nd June 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 104

499 posts
The note pros expos 5420 actually outperforms the snapdragon 800 in cpu
Power. The four in the snapdragon is a bit faster though. All in all the processors are practical equals in performance. The note pro wifi exynos 5420 is powerful enough to run any app or game you can download at high settings (minus those games specifically optimized for the snapdragon or tegra) I am pretty picky with devices and the note pro wife stock is one of the smoothest devices I have ever used. It certainly outperforms any tablet and only barely falls behind its little brother the note 3 in speed. The note 3 is smoother but I think this is due to the lower pixel count on the screen lowering the go load. The note pro wifi version will run emulators better than the snapdragon as well. Rooting will also do a lot for your performance by removing bloatware.
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by Duly.noted; 2nd June 2014 at 02:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duly.noted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

126 posts
I dont suppose there are ways to safely overclock exynos?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #15  
Flag Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 10

37 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesx87

I dont suppose there are ways to safely overclock exynos?

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Free mobile app

There is really never a safe way to overclock any type of CPU or GPU the max safe setting IS what it is already set at 9 out of 10 times according to most CPU manufacturers IE Intel and AMD. Therefore, I would logically assume that since they recommend NOT going over the recommended settings, because you technically CAN fry out the CPU if not careful at any setting past the max safe setting the CPU is at stock no matter how little the tweak its possible. Not saying it will happen, but just saying its always a risk there is nothing safe when overclocking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread