No registration required

[Q] New User, Please Help

OP peemdas

21st June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guys!

I'm new to all of this, you could probably call me a noob when it comes to programming or modifying stuff. Recently, I've been thinking about whether or not to root my phone, and one of my main reason is because, I simply don't know what to do with it after I root the phone. It would be nice if you guys could walk me through and give me some tips.

As of right now, my phone is unrooted, or so I think. I read that you can download MIUI without rooting your phone, so I downloaded it from the PlayStore, and it's working great. However, I have heard something about it draining battery life and that you were supposed to wipe or reset battery when installing new ROM, which obviously I did not do. Is it too late to do it now?

I forgot to mention, but I am a Mac user.

Thanks
Last edited by peemdas; 21st June 2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
21st June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 188

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peemdas

Hey guys!

I'm new to all of this, you could probably call me a noob when it comes to programming or modifying stuff. Recently, I've been thinking about whether or not to root my phone, and one of my main reason is because, I simply don't know what to do with it after I root the phone. It would be nice if you guys could walk me through and give me some tips.

As of right now, my phone is unrooted, or so I think. I read that you can download MIUI without rooting your phone, so I downloaded it from the PlayStore, and it's working great. However, I have heard something about it draining battery life and that you were supposed to wipe or reset battery when installing new ROM, which obviously I did not do. Is it too late to do it now?

I forgot to mention, but I am a Mac user.

Thanks

Hi,
Rule ONE: if you do not know what for you shall root phone - do NOT do this.

Furthermore: you have heard something, and you want to make the based on this rumor action. OK. I have heard that big, badass asteroid is coming, I have heard that winter is coming, but I am not building a spaceship to escape, and I am not cutting near forest to colled wood for my fireplace (yet).
Have you experienced the battery drain? If not - do nothing.

and now, we are on the rule TWO: if something works, do NOT fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread