Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Warranty Replacement, Brand new phone! What to ship back?

OP jdmsohc22

20th June 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag My-ah-me, FL
Thanks Meter: 119

902 posts
More
Ok so in the past I've always gotten refurb's and was instructed to just send the phone back. Well as we all know the Note 3 comes with a few accessories that are not required to be sent back "battery, backdoor, stylus".. Well I have had one replacement already and it was a refurb that came in the white box and I sent my old one back while retaining my old hardware, no biggie.. Well this time around they sent me a brand new phone (i called and bitched about 4.4.2 and it's issues) but I'm kind of at a stalemate with the return process.. Do I keep the new battery, backdoor, charger, usb cable, and stylus and just send my old phone by itself back..? That is what the instructions say to do but that would leave me with 2 of everything, and I don't want to get billed for keeping that stuff, but I'd also like to have a backup of everything lol.. I think the instructions think I was sent a refurb but I'm just inquiring to see what others have done in this situation.. Thanks..!!
20th June 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag ashland ky
Thanks Meter: 694

2,158 posts
More
Let your conscious be your guide

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Last edited by jerrycoffman45; 20th June 2014 at 08:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Garden City
Thanks Meter: 29

253 posts
More
The same thing happened to me with my Note 1. I called and they told me to keep everything. Made my conscience feel much better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptgptg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag My-ah-me, FL

902 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45

Let your conscious be your guide

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgptg

The same thing happened to me with my Note 1. I called and they told me to keep everything. Made my conscience feel much better.

My conscience is telling me that for the hassle they should just let me keep it since it's pennys to them lol.. But I'll call anyways just because I'd hate to be billed for non compliance or something haha..
20th June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag St. Paul, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 336

961 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22

My conscience is telling me that for the hassle they should just let me keep it since it's pennys to them lol.. But I'll call anyways just because I'd hate to be billed for non compliance or something haha..

All they want back is the phone. Send the phone. Nothing else.
20th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 24

170 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There... I helped by editing your statement. See above.

Anywayz... on a serious note, sometimes that stuff gets misplaced or lost, since they are going to move your broken phone from bench to bench. Or they may just have a box sitting with no name on it... and soon as they get yours they put your name on the box and walla, a replacement.

I used to have a conscience about this kinda stuff but I learned as I got older they have millions of the accessories and would just send you one for the heck of it, if you called and asked nicely. True story... I have done this a lot.
21st June 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #7  
Flag tucson
Thanks Meter: 34

94 posts
More
Quote:

Ok so in the past I've always gotten refurb's and was instructed to just send the phone back. Well as we all know the Note 3 comes with a few accessories that are not required to be sent back "battery, backdoor, stylus".. Well I have had one replacement already and it was a refurb that came in the white box and I sent my old one back while retaining my old hardware, no biggie.. Well this time around they sent me a brand new phone (i called and bitched about 4.4.2 and it's issues) but I'm kind of at a stalemate with the return process.. Do I keep the new battery, backdoor, charger, usb cable, and stylus and just send my old phone by itself back..? That is what the instructions say to do but that would leave me with 2 of everything, and I don't want to get billed for keeping that stuff, but I'd also like to have a backup of everything lol.. I think the instructions think I was sent a refurb but I'm just inquiring to see what others have done in this situation.. Thanks..!!

Thet happened tome and they told me accesories were not required... so just send the phone.
21st June 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Just send the phone. Keep the pen, battery and back cover.
21st June 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag My-ah-me, FL

902 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delakit

All they want back is the phone. Send the phone. Nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeZero

There... I helped by editing your statement. See above.

Anywayz... on a serious note, sometimes that stuff gets misplaced or lost, since they are going to move your broken phone from bench to bench. Or they may just have a box sitting with no name on it... and soon as they get yours they put your name on the box and walla, a replacement.

I used to have a conscience about this kinda stuff but I learned as I got older they have millions of the accessories and would just send you one for the heck of it, if you called and asked nicely. True story... I have done this a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torreon901

Thet happened tome and they told me accesories were not required... so just send the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacz713

Just send the phone. Keep the pen, battery and back cover.

Haha sounds like they're only getting the phone back if you ask me.. I just called and asked a rep and he said they don't care about anything but the phone anyways..!! WINNING..!! Thanks guys..!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread