[MOD][Xposed] Xtended NavBar

Search This thread

DeGozaru

May 5, 2011
London, UK
@fmaster1

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but there seems to be an incompatibility with the Xperia/AOSP Navbar Buttons Xposed module.

I downloaded and installed Xtended Navbar and rebooted but was thrown in to a constant loop of System UI force closing.

Had to boot Xposed in safe mode and disable module before I could use my device again.

Using:

Xperia Z2
FW - 171.1.A.0.402
app_process 58
Xposed Bridge.jar 54

fmaster1

Sep 16, 2012
Lisboa
Uploaded a new update. You can download the apk here (Google Drive). The update was tested on the roms below but it might now be compatible with others as well. If your ROM is not on the list you can try the updated version. Just don't forget to do a nandroid backup and please let me know if it isn't working.

If the app already works well for you, this is a small update. More settings will be available soon, like customization of the toggles, more pages, etc...
Edit: As reported already, the app only works on portrait mode. I will also take a look a this in the coming updates.

Version 1.0.1 - 21/06/2014
-Added support for: Mahdi, Slimkat, AOKP and Carbon roms;
-Fix: Airplane mode toggle;
-Improvement: Swipe sensitivity improved;

Last edited:

Brokn.Down

Jul 6, 2012

Attachments

• 1403350753191.jpg
    1403350753191.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 154

Sturdy_99

Apr 7, 2012
Pune
great work..

Great app...working just awesome on nexus 4 4.4.3 pa rc2..
Great idea to utilize the navbar...
But you should also enable it in landscape mode.
In landscape mode the navbar becomes stock...like not pages appear.
Also you should add more features like to add more pages and more options for the quick settings....and also when no music is played the play buttons doesn't work, you can add a feature that when we press the play botton the last track plays on...
These are my suggestions.. As it is it is your app you can modify it how you want.
Great work...really enjoying it...:good::)

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
Awesome app
But I have one bug when music plays and I press the pause button the music stops but the button remains and don't change. It's the same with all of my music apps.

Omni ROM 4.4.4
Huawei Ascend P6

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

P4ndur

Feb 19, 2011
Uploaded a new update. You can download the apk here (Google Drive). The update was tested on the roms below but it might now be compatible with others as well. If your ROM is not on the list you can try the updated version. Just don't forget to do a nandroid backup and please let me know if it isn't working.

If the app already works well for you, this is a small update. More settings will be available soon, like customization of the toggles, more pages, etc...
Edit: As reported already, the app only works on portrait mode. I will also take a look a this in the coming updates.

Confirm that it's working now on SlimKat. Thank you very much. Nice work, will buy the full version now.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
On 4.4.3 the play button works good with Play Music but with PowerAmp or Spotify it doesn't change and the pause button remains wether the music is pauses or not.

EvertonB

Nov 10, 2008
Great module. The mobile toggle is buggy for me it only works once.

It be nice if the location toggle had battery saving as an option, customisable settings and long press going to the relevant settings page.

Nexus 5 stock rom with GB.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
No problems on my personal build of Carbon 4.4.4 excluding the music controls pause/play button being stuck graphically as stated previously.

Is there going to be an option to disable scrolling on the lockscreen? On my Nexus 5, when I drag the camera icon while on the lockscreen I'll accidentally scroll the nav bar at times.

Bas-NL

Jan 31, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just also tested it on my Nexus 7 2013 - C-Rom 6.5
Quicksettings & favorite apps working great!
not yet tested the music player functions

passlogin

Sep 18, 2012
Goa
Feature request
A fully customable page, an overhaul maybe?
Starting the default musicplayer with play/pause
Global swipe recognision, not fron navbar edges only

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xtended NavBar

Xtended NavBar is an Xposed Framework module that adds an extra functionality to the navigation bar.
    Swipe from the edges to change to Music player or Quick settings. Swipe back to show the navigation buttons again.
    In the donate version you can also show favorite apps.
    Playstore | Xposed Repo

Compatibility:
    This module was developed for AOSP based roms. Don't expect it to work on heavily modified non AOSP based roms like Sense, Touchwiz.
    Should be compatible with some other navigation bar customization modules.
    It's recommended to do a nandroid backup if you're using the app for the first time.

Changelog:
    Version 1.0.5 - 14/08/2014
    Fix: Fixes crash when tapping the action bar menu;
    Fix: Other minor bug fixes;

Version 1.0.4.1 - 21/07/2014
    Fix: Navigation bar disappearing on some devices
    Fix: Navigation bar not working (in landscape mode) on some devices
    Improvement: Improved visibility of Quick settings icons

Version 1.0.4 - 17/07/2014
    New: Manually refresh option, to apply changes without reboot
    New: Support for landscape mode
    New: Edge touch block option, to avoid mistaken button taps
    New: Enable lockscreen, to enable the custom pages on lockscreen
    Improvement: Added swipe mode 'Fullscreen' (Replaces 'Extra large')
    Improvement: Minor improvements on music player page

Version 1.0.3 - 11/07/2014
    Fix: Bar stopped working
    Fix: Custom page not showing
    Fix: Other minor issues

Version 1.0.2 - 09/07/2014
    New: Timeout option to show the navigation buttons automatically after a few seconds
    New: Flashlight toggle for some custom Roms
    Improvement: Disabled the custom pages on lockscreen
    Improvement: Updated quick settings icons
    Improvement: Quicksettings and Favorite apps configuration improved
    Fix: Systemui force close while editing the navigation bar buttons (Carbon rom, Slim rom...)

Version 1.0 - 18/06/2014
    -Initial release;

Concept video:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xtended NavBar, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    fmaster1
    Xposed Package Name:

Version Information

Created 2014-06-18
    Last Updated 2014-08-14
    I would love to give you money for your amazing module and to enable favorite apps but nothing happens when I click on donate ��

Sent from my Nexus 5

It might be because there's no internet connection or in-apps are not available in your country.
    Or perhaps an error related with play services. Thanks anyways.

Sir this isn't compatible with gesture navigation module right?

I didn't really tested but it might not work.

In landscape mode app icons are appearing very large, out of navigation bar.
    And using app shortcuts on lockscreen, apps are launched in background, it should ask to unlock the phone also.

I will fix this soon. Thank you.

Wow this is great and looks awesome!

I noticed two little bugs, though.
    When in landscape mode, the back, home and recent apps buttons are not responding. I have to go to portrait mode to make them work.

When in landscape mode and turn on wifi for example, the icon isn't there. I think the icons are too big to show all, only 3 out of 4 are working.

I love this, though!

Another issue I noticed: when landscape, and you swipe to the music controls, then go back into portrait then go back into landscape, the nav bar will be pure black (no buttons).

Great module!

Unfortunately, the latest update has a strange bug (didn't happen in the previous version). Upon boot the 3 standard navbar buttons are missing, but I can still swipe to pull up the extra ones. If I go into xtended navbar and refresh manually, they disappear again after the phone enters sleep mode and is woken back up.

Phone: Samsung SPH-L710
    Rom : PACman 4.4.4 - nightly 7/10

Logcat below from turning the screen off then on.

The latest update should fix these bugs. I'm sorry for the delay, i finally find out what was causing this issue.
    The update should be available in a few hours on the playstore and should be already available on the xposed repo.

Version 1.0.4.1 - 21/07/2014
    Fix: Navigation bar buttons disappearing on some devices
    Fix: Navigation bar not working (in landscape mode) on some devices
    Improvement: Improved visibility of Quick settings icons

It doesn't work on my G2 + Carbon Rom (6/1/14 nightly 4.4.2)

I'm testing with Carbon Rom now, good news for this. It will be working in the next update.

Not working on slimkat att note 2

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I will take a look at this Rom as well...
    I wish this was open source...
    I really would like to use this one!

Very cool, nice job! I'm excited to use this.

Edit - ditto on the open source request.

I was thinking about made it open source and i think i will in a near future.