Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Permanently disable Kindle apps

Tip us?

xpxpxp7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Permanently disable Kindle apps

Hi everyone, I've managed to root my Kindle Fire HDX 7 13.3.2.3.2. I would like to know how do I permanently stop the Kindle apps such as email, calendar, app store and silk browser. I have no use for them as I'm using 3rd party apps to replace them.

Right now, whenever I force stop their services using 3rd party task manager such as GO task manager, those Kindle apps will still be running again and taking up the RAM usage.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jimyv
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Default u may

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpxpxp7 View Post
Hi everyone, I've managed to root my Kindle Fire HDX 7 13.3.2.3.2. I would like to know how do I permanently stop the Kindle apps such as email, calendar, app store and silk browser. I have no use for them as I'm using 3rd party apps to replace them.

Right now, whenever I force stop their services using 3rd party task manager such as GO task manager, those Kindle apps will still be running again and taking up the RAM usage.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Try using titanium back up to freeze them.. If that does not have any adverse effects on your system . You can run backups on them and uninstall them.
Please Hit (THANKS) If I Helped You
It's Free
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to jimyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xpxpxp7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimyv View Post
Try using titanium back up to freeze them.. If that does not have any adverse effects on your system . You can run backups on them and uninstall them.
Hey there! Thank you for your prompt reply. I tried it and I managed to freeze those apps and free up ~200mb of space.