Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to get into Recovery

OP mossywell

21st June 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 94

434 posts
More
LG G2 D802 Three (H3G) KK 4.4.2

Hi all, I've checked out this forum and also watched a few videos. I've tried the volume down + power until the LG logo appears and then release and re-press them but all that happens is that the phone powers off after the second press after about 10 seconds. The volumes buttons work fine. There's clearly a trick to this but after about 20 attempts, it has be beaten! Any clues to the magic sequence needed?

TIA

EDIT: Yes, I can get into download mode no problem.
Last edited by mossywell; 21st June 2014 at 11:57 AM.
21st June 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 660

2,258 posts
when the lg logo appears try releasing power and volume down and then pressing volume up instead
The Following User Says Thank You to meangreenie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
London

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie

when the lg logo appears try releasing power and volume down and then pressing volume up instead

Thanks for the reply.
If I just use volume up after the LG logo, the phone reboots normally. If I do a power + volume up after the LG logo, it just powers off after 10 seconds.

In fact every test shows the phone to behave exactly as if the volume up and down buttons have been disabled during boot up.
21st June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
London

434 posts
More
Tried a few times again - no recovery. Maybe it's something that has been blocked in the stock KK OTA update?
21st June 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossywell

Thanks for the reply.
If I just use volume up after the LG logo, the phone reboots normally. If I do a power + volume up after the LG logo, it just powers off after 10 seconds.

In fact every test shows the phone to behave exactly as if the volume up and down buttons have been disabled during boot up.

I think what he meant is when phone powered off, press volume down+power and when you see lg logo press volume up+down don't touch power

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
London

434 posts
More
Update: I can get into recovery using adb. Maybe H3G have disabled getting into recovery via the hardware buttons only leaving download mode available. Bit of an odd thing to do though.
21st June 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
London

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

I think what he meant is when phone powered off, press volume down+power and when you see lg logo press volume up+down don't touch power

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800

D'oh! That was about the only combo that I didn't try. Yes - it works. Many thanks to both for the help. Just curious: this alternative key combo I didn't find anywhere; is it something some carriers have done to their phone? (Or did I just not search hard enough? )
21st June 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossywell

D'oh! That was about the only combo that I didn't try. Yes - it works. Many thanks to both for the help. Just curious: this alternative key combo I didn't find anywhere; is it something some carriers have done to their phone? (Or did I just not search hard enough? )

lg changed the combination when they started releasing the knock code update, I have no idea why but now it just means some people need to use volume down+power while others have to use volume up+down it just creates more trouble for us(people who help others) because if people don't mention whether they have knock code update or not we just have to guess what update they are on

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread