Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

" let's bring CM to EXYNOS " - any help is welcomed

Tip us?

cooldoc007
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DON AMIGO View Post
any progress guys ?
as there is no previous builds or device that closely resembles our device.. so it basically becomes lot of developer related stuff i guess.. anyways hopefull

bdogan1912
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Still waiting...

Still waiting for Cyanogenmod for Note 3. Lol im gonna sell my phone for it. Love to use AOSP based rom on my phones. Used CM on my prev. phones S2 and S3. And i loved it! I need to use it to my N900 but seems like no one going to do it.

uv.mrcool
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogan1912 View Post
Still waiting for Cyanogenmod for Note 3. Lol im gonna sell my phone for it. Love to use AOSP based rom on my phones. Used CM on my prev. phones S2 and S3. And i loved it! I need to use it to my N900 but seems like no one going to do it.
I had a talk with intervigil coz he was said to be the device maintainer for exynos note 3. But he said he is not working on it as he doesn't have any note 3 device. That makes me wonder who is doing the porting stuff apart from me. I don't think anyone from CM is working on it.
I'm also busy these days and the work left in my build requires much more time. Plus, I haven't found a kernel developer till now who wants to work on the project. Hard Times.

saj2001ind
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogan1912 View Post
the only reason I sold my note 3 today was aosp support and pathetic, laggy and outdated UI of samsung...got m8...difference in performance and UI refinement is night and day...bye bye samsung for ever

I pity then . they make such an amazing hardware with screen size but software is crap, why they have to mod the stock android UI soo much....just they should make their apps on top of stock android UI and sell phones no need to mod UI like 5 years back when android stock UI was ugly and function less

bdogan1912
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj2001ind View Post
the only reason I sold my note 3 today was aosp support and pathetic, laggy and outdated UI of samsung...got m8...difference in performance and UI refinement is night and day...bye bye samsung for ever

I pity then . they make such an amazing hardware with screen size but software is crap, why they have to mod the stock android UI soo much....just they should make their apps on top of stock android UI and sell phones no need to mod UI like 5 years back when android stock UI was ugly and function less
I'm gonna sell it too. And totally agreed amazing hardware with crappy software which one fulfilled with bloatware and makes me want to sell my phone. This is last samsung device i've ever used. Loved Galaxy 551, S2 I9100 and S3 I9300 but Note 3 really disappointed me so much. If i was knew it i'd never bought a note 3. Will buy a G3 or Nexus 5 instead. I came Note 3 from Galaxy S3 just the love using quality software with quality hardware. As i said before im too disappointed. They were announced they working on it but it passed over 6 months and still nothing. No one answers questions. So sad, that the people act like step-child to a beast. :/

uv.mrcool
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

The only thing that's restrained me to buy that phone is the camera. I'm not saying it's bad. But i need megapixels for some editing stuff. Real megapixels are really handy in image retouching and editing. As far as UI is concerned it's miles better than Samsung's. An Iphone or HTC Phone in future

saj2001ind
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv.mrcool View Post
The only thing that's restrained me to buy that phone is the camera. I'm not saying it's bad. But i need megapixels for some editing stuff. Real megapixels are really handy in image retouching and editing. As far as UI is concerned it's miles better than Samsung's. An Iphone or HTC Phone in future
if u need better camera then will suggest get LG g3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bdogan1912
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by uv.mrcool View Post
I had a talk with intervigil coz he was said to be the device maintainer for exynos note 3. But he said he is not working on it as he doesn't have any note 3 device. That makes me wonder who is doing the porting stuff apart from me. I don't think anyone from CM is working on it.
I'm also busy these days and the work left in my build requires much more time. Plus, I haven't found a kernel developer till now who wants to work on the project. Hard Times.
I try to compile it with cmcompiler but server can't found it. Tried another way but haven't found any source for ha3g. Aand my phone going to sell. And of course no more samsung. I think im going to buy G3 or Nexus. At least you can change software for them and don't have to use fulfilled bloatware system. Other ROMs which one is base stock samsung is basically ****. I can do it with root+system app remover+wanam. I don't want to use stock rom i want to use AOSP based rom which one gives me free and high quality android experience.

uv.mrcool
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
if u need better camera then will suggest get LG g3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Lg phones are also out of luck for proper CM and their software is ****tier than Samsung's.

Razor29
Old
Thanks Meter 14
HTC has an amazing dev scene... the m7 has been pushed to such fantastic performance in many tests is blazez past my note 3 especially in games and that is with snapdragon 600 and adreno 320 ... I agree with everyone here its a shame ... the amoled is amazing the s-pen extremely underutilized.. the mountain of gimicks and bloatware can make you really scratch your head.. and the exynos variant the Samsung created is the one that gets the least fetures and support ... I dont have a great love for lg and I think the screen on the lg g3 was a big mistake it should have been coupled with snapdragon 805 and released a bit later since the snapdragon 801 finally gives top notch performance with 1080p and good battert and multitasking... why strain the system far more with quad hd without a more adept SoC to give the power it needs. its a phone between era's between the last of the high end 1080p and the start of the flagship 2k.. I never go for the first.. HTC maid a mig mistake with the camera but if I could get my handa on an HTC E8 I would be very happy

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk