Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

will their ever be a stock 4.4 using odin

Tip us?
 
morbidking
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default will their ever be a stock 4.4 using odin

wanted to know if their will ever be a stock kitkat rom for the ones that have an unlocked boot loader that can be flashed in odin or something

need kitkat but don't want to lose my unlocked boot loader
 
bobloblaw1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 1,222
Join Date: May 2010
Dude, the ROM released yesterday but apparently only in a limited fashion because only some people have been able to pull it. When the files we available and people have had some time to work on them we will likely see a release. That is unless Verizon has done something particularly nasty.

So have patience. We all want kit Kat but we all have to wait until someone figures it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SlimSnoopOS
Old
#3  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,942
Posts: 5,456
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidking View Post
wanted to know if their will ever be a stock kitkat rom for the ones that have an unlocked boot loader that can be flashed in odin or something

need kitkat but don't want to lose my unlocked boot loader
It's very likely and would be flashed in TWRP or CWM.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
 
morbidking
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
It's very likely and would be flashed in TWRP or CWM.

thanks for the quick reply just didnt want to take the update and lose unlocked boot now that i know it can be done with out loosing unlocked boot i will wait

need my google wallet working again
 
SlimSnoopOS
Old
#5  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,942
Posts: 5,456
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidking View Post
thanks for the quick reply just didnt want to take the update and lose unlocked boot now that i know it can be done with out loosing unlocked boot i will wait

need my google wallet working again
Everyone just has to be patient as new OTAs always introduce their own set of problems that the devs must deal with. It may be a few weeks before anything is released or it may be a few days.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes