[Q]Stock ROM

OP Aviran92s

20th June 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I have a few questions about lg g2.

1. What's the difference between d80220d and d80220b and a,c,e and etc...
2. Which stock rom's version supports Knock Code and would it work with stock kernel or do I have to use dorimanx kernel (given the fact that I want to use only stock rom)?

3. I'm from Israel and my current rom is d80220d (open EURO). Do I need to change baseband if I'm swaaping roms?
20th June 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviran92s

I have a few questions about lg g2.

1. What's the difference between d80220d and d80220b and a,c,e and etc...
2. Which stock rom's version supports Knock Code and would it work with stock kernel or do I have to use dorimanx kernel (given the fact that I want to use only stock rom)?

3. I'm from Israel and my current rom is d80220d (open EURO). Do I need to change baseband if I'm swaaping roms?

the different letters is to distinguish a firmware of a different region, since the d802 is international variant they need a way to separate what firmware was for what region; if I am correct bot 20d and 20b have knock code built into it while the others were the kk iterations before knock code support

since you are on 20d the stock kernel supports knock code and there is no need for you to switch you should already have knock code and you don't need a custom kernel like dori to use knock code

you only need to flash a different baseband when when you are switching to an aosp rom that is not using lg kk sources or when switching to a jb rom
21st June 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
lenoste candidate
OK gotcha...

Another question though, I replaced Dorimanx kernel with stock kernel. Now, the Knock Code isn't working while the screen is off.

Is there any solution (Except replacing kernel instead of stock) and if there isn't which kernel supports Knock Code feature while the screen is off and is best for LG G2 (Please don't state Dorimanx - it causes my phone to heat up really fast).
21st June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,513

2,540 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviran92s

OK gotcha...

Another question though, I replaced Dorimanx kernel with stock kernel. Now, the Knock Code isn't working while the screen is off.

Is there any solution (Except replacing kernel instead of stock) and if there isn't which kernel supports Knock Code feature while the screen is off and is best for LG G2 (Please don't state Dorimanx - it causes my phone to heat up really fast).

dori kernel supports it did you make sure to download the knock code version because he usually has a knock code one and one without knock code for people who don't have knock code
21st June 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

dori kernel supports it did you make sure to download the knock code version because he usually has a knock code one and one without knock code for people who don't have knock code

Maybe I was understood. I meant that I used Dorimanx kernel and i switched it back to stock because it caused my phone's battery to drain fast and get overheated. Don't get me wrong, the Knock Code worked with Dorimanx but I wanted to know if there is a way to get Knock Code work while screen is off with stock kernel.

If there isn't a way so which one of the Knock Code Supported kernels is best for battery saving and smoothnes?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread