Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more

HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Memory card problem please help! help! help!

20th June 2014, 11:27 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
hello everybody,
i have face a big damage on my Samsung memory card.
its Samsung 16gb micro sd class 10 MC . (for my note 3 )

some how its error or damaged or got any kind of prob.
for the problem . this memory card want format on my note 3 but cant format it.
if i plug in on PC and try to format it says windows was unable to complete this format.
i have also try to format using CMD but it also says error when i go for clean command.

some one please help me to out of this damage please! ....

thanks .....
 
 
21st June 2014, 12:47 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumdany

hello everybody,
i have face a big damage on my Samsung memory card.
its Samsung 16gb micro sd class 10 MC . (for my note 3 )

some how its error or damaged or got any kind of prob.
for the problem . this memory card want format on my note 3 but cant format it.
if i plug in on PC and try to format it says windows was unable to complete this format.
i have also try to format using CMD but it also says error when i go for clean command.

some one please help me to out of this damage please! ....

thanks .....

Try using Minitool partition wizard, it helped me a lot of times.
When you open it it should show you all hdd (external, internal) partitions, and flash memory drives. Right click on your sd card and delete partition, and then create fat partition and click on apply changes. MAKE SURE you are deleting sdcard partition, not something else. Of course, by deleting partition you'll lose all data on the sdcard. Hope it helps...
Last edited by ciribic; 21st June 2014 at 01:41 AM.
21st June 2014, 09:03 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciribic

Try using Minitool partition wizard, it helped me a lot of times.
When you open it it should show you all hdd (external, internal) partitions, and flash memory drives. Right click on your sd card and delete partition, and then create fat partition and click on apply changes. MAKE SURE you are deleting sdcard partition, not something else. Of course, by deleting partition you'll lose all data on the sdcard. Hope it helps...

i have done this work . still memory card is not formatted .. its in old position . ...
21st June 2014, 03:54 PM |#4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,284
 
5,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: memory card format
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumdany

hello everybody,
i have face a big damage on my Samsung memory card.
its Samsung 16gb micro sd class 10 MC . (for my note 3 )

some how its error or damaged or got any kind of prob.
for the problem . this memory card want format on my note 3 but cant format it.
if i plug in on PC and try to format it says windows was unable to complete this format.
i have also try to format using CMD but it also says error when i go for clean command.

some one please help me to out of this damage please! ....

thanks .....

Why not use the Window's command line disk repair utility "Diskpart".

If your sdcard cannot be formatted normally then you need to perform
"Delete/Create" partition in diskpart before you can format it.

In disk part there are a lot of options you can choose from including
"Delete partition", "Create partition"... Delete and Create partition
is what you need to do before you can successfully format it.

Just click on RUN in your start menu and type "CMD" and press "enter"
then type "diskpart" and press "enter" again.

I have done this many times with great success.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 21st June 2014 at 04:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 04:14 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Why not use the Window's command line disk repair utility "Diskpart".

If your sdcard cannot be formatted normally then you need to perform
"Delete/Create" partition in diskpart before you can format it.

In disk part there are a lot of options you can choose from including
"Delete partition", "Create partition"... Delete and Create partition
is what you need to do before you can successfully format it.

Just click on RUN in your start menu and type "CMD" and press "enter".

I have done this many times with great success.

Good luck!

can you please tell me the full process ? i m already tried cmd its not working . but didn't do delete partition .. create partition
21st June 2014, 04:39 PM |#6  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,284
 
5,510 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
re: diskpart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumdany

can you please tell me the full process ? i m already tried cmd its not working . but didn't do delete partition .. create partition

If you want a list with examples of how to use diskpart
then click on this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc770877.aspx

You will find it very helpful, it gives all commands and examples of the
command line options.

At the command prompt just type "diskpart", you can type "?" and "Help"
in diskpart itself to give you examples of the commands.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 21st June 2014 at 04:49 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
memory card corrupted, memory card error
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes