Charging issue with Tab Pro 8.4 and newest update!

OP storino03

17th June 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

192 posts
More
I just developed a charging issue where I have it plugged in and it hasn't advanced in %. It's stuck at around 65%. Official charger/usb cord and tried different outlets.

This never happened on the first firmware build, but only after the second update the last month.

Anyone else experience this?
17th June 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 41

170 posts
More
I've encountered it both in stock and cm11. Run the batterybdown to 10 % and fully charge. Should report properly then.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium HD app
21st June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
I'm running the 8.4 original firmware without issue since I bought it several months ago. This week it charges up to a point then stops. Restarting does not help. Different chargers, etc. Arggh!!

This worked for me: (Press and hold: Volume Up + Home + Power (in that order)). Keep holding an unit will reboot. It's not abrasive like a factory reset (like I was considering doing).

Now for the first time in a week, i'm over 50% and its still charging like it should.

Someone else did all the hard lifting to find the solution. I just found the tread over on android central. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3723135

Cheers.
21st June 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I haven't upgraded, but I did encounter the same problem earlier this week. It was stuck at 91% even though I left it charging all night. After restarting and plugging it into my laptop for a while, it seemed to work fine again. Now and then it'll just do strange things like this. xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread