Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging issue with Tab Pro 8.4 and newest update!

Tip us?

storino03
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Charging issue with Tab Pro 8.4 and newest update!

I just developed a charging issue where I have it plugged in and it hasn't advanced in %. It's stuck at around 65%. Official charger/usb cord and tried different outlets.

This never happened on the first firmware build, but only after the second update the last month.

Anyone else experience this?
-------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Wifi)

mgp53
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I've encountered it both in stock and cm11. Run the batterybdown to 10 % and fully charge. Should report properly then.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium HD app

gman16000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm running the 8.4 original firmware without issue since I bought it several months ago. This week it charges up to a point then stops. Restarting does not help. Different chargers, etc. Arggh!!

This worked for me: (Press and hold: Volume Up + Home + Power (in that order)). Keep holding an unit will reboot. It's not abrasive like a factory reset (like I was considering doing).

Now for the first time in a week, i'm over 50% and its still charging like it should.

Someone else did all the hard lifting to find the solution. I just found the tread over on android central. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3723135

Cheers.

animedreamer240
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I haven't upgraded, but I did encounter the same problem earlier this week. It was stuck at 91% even though I left it charging all night. After restarting and plugging it into my laptop for a while, it seemed to work fine again. Now and then it'll just do strange things like this. xD