Post Reply

[Q] Can't Access Internal SD Card - Need original platform.xml file

OP morockin

20th June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
So things were going well... I had rooted my S5 thanks to Geohot, was able to install and run Titanium Backup and see my old backups from my last phone. Then when I tried to backup my S5 I ran into the "insufficient space error". A quick Google searched revealed that I needed to edit my platform.xml file to be able to write to my entire External SD. So I did edit platform.xml, reboot the phone and voila.... I can't access either my internal or my external SD card! Far as I can tell, I screwed up my permission in platform.xml.

Can someone please send me their original so that I can hopefully get my phone fixed?

If that doesn't work I may just have to reformat and lose all my data since I can't find any other way to fix permission since I can't run most of the programs on my phone (I can, however, use Solid Explorer).
21st June 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Salem, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 4
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!
21st June 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetucu

Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!

You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...
21st June 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morockin

You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...

Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!
21st June 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 290
 
767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morockin

Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!

I had the same issue. First try a factory reset. If that does not work, then you will need to downgrade, with a factory reset. Just resetting the platform.xml file doesn't work without a factory reset, neither does a factory reset without resetting the platform.xml file. Once you screw up the permissions, then your phone is screwed pretty good. I have a guide in the general section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank