Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 40,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No service thl t100s with valid IMEI

Tip us?

stefan969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No service thl t100s with valid IMEI

Hello, this is my first post and also my first major problem with an android phone. I have been searching high and low on the internet for over a month now for an answer to my problem but apparently no one out there have experienced something similar. So, my story: I bought this thl t100s in march and it run without a glitch until i decided to root and try new roms. Used vroot without problems and flashed a newer version from needrom. This is when it went pear-shaped. After reboot I lost signal, invalid IMEI and nvram error. So I restored IMEI and fixed nvram but I never been able to regain network. Phone just couldn't connect to network. Not even "emergency call only". Reverted to stock, flashed about every rom and firmware I could find, installed twrp recovery, used mobile uncle, mtk tools, sn_writter tool, maui meta, nothing helped. The phone is searching for network but is never able to connect. Also, I tested quite a few sim cards that are working in other phones. So I'm assuming it is not a rom issue, but goes deep inside the android system, like the system cannot connect to the phone radio. I have no idea what to do next or if there is anything that can be done. I would really appreciate your help, any ideas or suggestions.
Thank you

Abhinav2
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4451
Well playing with IMEI can be dangerous and should not be done. Though it seems like all you did was restored stock one. I'm guessing you can try restoring stock baseband. A search led me this thread of a user having similar problem- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2392203 The device is different but some solutions there are worth a try.

Cheers,
AJ

stefan969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
]

Thanks AJ, had a look at the post but samsung phones are a bit different from mtk based devices. I have checked my IMEI and is not blocked, as to phisical damage that's something I'll probably never know. I have successfully restored IMEI even tried some from my ancient back-up phones. no luck. Now baseband didn't seem to make any difference whether they came with the rom or I flush them separately. All I can think of is that there is a lost connection between the operating system and baseband and modem, like nvram is not being loaded/mounted by system. Slowly but surly I'm running out of options.

Abhinav2
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4451
Well, @Perseus71 suggested that you should go back to complete stock and stock modem to get that working again. You can get further help here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help

Cheers,
AJ
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe