Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP Touch recovery - 2.6.3.0

Tip us?

fireball0093
Old
(Last edited by fireball0093; 17th January 2014 at 06:14 AM.) Reason: Stuff and yeah fun :p
Thanks Meter 51
One major bug I came across, is it will no longer flash roms. Like, regardless of what the rom is it just won't flash it, it spits out
assert failed: get prop("ro.product.device") == "
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
and I know these roms all work since it was flashing them beforehand. Just thought I'd let you know

*Edit*
So any rom other than G2Slim won't flash for me. CM10.1, Flinny's CM11, etc. It's so odd
*Edit 2*
I installed CWM v5 again just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the roms themselves or my sd card, and things install fine, so it must be a random bug with twrp, hopefully a very rare one at that
Check out my HTC Desire Z/T-Mobile G2 YouTube thread Here!
Current Phone: Google Nexus 4. Android L or OmniRom.
Current ROM on HTC Desire Z: Either G2 Bliss v1.0.1, or Sensei v1.3.x
The Following User Says Thank You to fireball0093 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,712
I just tried and found a similar result, without looking into it much I see there are a couple update-binaries used with various ROMs and this build works for one and not the other, at least that's what I see so far as I'm coaching my friend on how to do this as the phone is with him on the other side of town right now.
I'll look into a fix for this as it would be nice to be able to flash all Roms not just some, thanks for the bug report!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 679
Default RE: TWRP Touch recovery - 2.6.3.0

Fix permissions and terminal work fine, I'll try a theme if I can work out how to do it but I don't have a spare SD card I can test partitioning on. All in all great work
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demkantor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,712
Thanks for running those tests, with school and not having my g2 in front of me I haven't had a chance to pick up this project, but I should have my phone back shortly. One of the things I was planning to do (after all functions are 100%) was make a few themes, which is quite easy if your interested
http://www.teamw.in/twrp2-theme-guide
It surprising how customizable and fun a recovery can be so if you get around to it I will for sure link any you make and hopefully will have a few of my on in due time

The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Thanks for running those tests, with school and not having my g2 in front of me I haven't had a chance to pick up this project, but I should have my phone back shortly. One of the things I was planning to do (after all functions are 100%) was make a few themes, which is quite easy if your interested
http://www.teamw.in/twrp2-theme-guide
It surprising how customizable and fun a recovery can be so if you get around to it I will for sure link any you make and hopefully will have a few of my on in due time

Just tried a theme, works fine. I would make some but I have no working PC right now. Might be able to unpack and edit an existing one on device though
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_HugoBoss_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Needed to get a recovery compatible with SELinux support in order to install latest CM11 Alpha 3 (Flinny's).
Works fine. None of the errors above when installing CM11 and gapps.

Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to _HugoBoss_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AYEHAN
Old
Thanks Meter 2
tried this alot of times , plus flash the recovery 3 times but could not sideload an image :/

e:/ sdcard not found something error

4L3xN3t
Old
Thanks Meter 3
sorry for that, I'm sure it's a stupid question, but just to be sure...
there is no different way except flashing this .img using a pc...right? I tried using TWRP app last night but it wants to know which device is and it's not listed

thank you a lot

Alex

demkantor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,712
If you want I'll make you a flashable.zip or you can use a terminal emulator on your phone, just download to SD card and name it recovery.img
Then open up emulator
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app