No registration required

[Q] Problem with my Web browser on Nook Simple touch

OP sega dude

12th February 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
I'm having a strange problem with my web browser, Brandsonic Web mobile for Android, on the Nook Simple Touch. It works fine, loading websites and displaying them fine. Then as soon as you scroll it stops working. The page title and URL update but the WebView doesn't seem to update to display the new page that it's supposed to be displaying. I want to make a Nook specific version but I won't be able to until I resolve this issue. To make it clear, I am the developer of this app. This there something I need to do to make the app compatible with the Nook Simple Touch? I've never had this problem on any other device I've ran this app on. If you want to try it yourself on your NST, PM me and I will send you the version I am currently working on.
13th February 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag West Haven
Thanks Meter: 32

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's a lot of apps that don't update properly on the Nook, most just being incompatible with Android 2.1, some however go past that, ie: even though you have the proper market app installed you still need the searchmarket.apk for it to work correctly.
OB

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
21st June 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Did you make any progress on that?
I'd love to see an e-ink optimized browser
21st June 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivieru

Did you make any progress on that?
I'd love to see an e-ink optimized browser

No, unfortunately. It seems to be a problem with the Nook itself. The same thing happens with the browser that comes with NookManager.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread